Streaming and recording setups - An overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hajimoto

Hello guys,

First and foremost - I absolutely LOVE me some OBS and I have been streaming with it for over the past 1.25 years. The community forums here are packed with great infos to help the troubled streamers like me. Terrible segway initiated ...

I have an issue that needs some help as it relates to a 2 PC capture card setup. Please note that pertinent components being provided with LINKS to a NEWEGG product listing that contains all specification data. The LINKS provided are not intended as fanboi product/company placement.

I can stream without issue on a single monitor by simply cloning (combine) main screen to one of the other ports as the input to the C985. Once the gaming rig is set up in surround mode (3 screens) and I try to send the video feed from the center monitor to the C985 using a splitter, i have issues.

The HDMI Splitter with only the center monitor attached to port #1, works fine, but and as soon as I introduce the HMDI cable from the C985 to the HDMI splitter, I get a black screen on the center monitor. After a few mins the monitor will eventually will power off due to no signal.

I tried a DVI splitter and again, as long as the center screen is the only thing plugged in, no issue, as soon as I plug the cable to the C985, I lose video to the center screen, goes black.

Am I over looking something simple/basic here? Please let me know if you need more information or need me to confirm anything in your attempt to help me.

Thanks in advance.
Hajimoto

Last edited:

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hmm, atm I can only think that the splitter maybe is the problem. But you should probably test through different ways of connecting everything. For example start by removing ALL monitors from PC #1, connect the center monitor and the c985 to the splitter, then connect the splitter to pc #1.
Did you check by the way, did the C985 get a signal on pc#2 while the monitor turned black?

Hajimoto

SOLVED

I disconnected all cables and started clean with a single monitor connected to the DVI port.
I quickly realised that you must have the Nvidia Control Panel (NCP) to "CONTROL PANEL/CONFIGURE SURROUND" while plugging and unplugging monitors else your results are hit or miss.

I plugged both monitors in the DVI splitter and then plugged the DVI splitter in and the NCP detected it. Once I had a single monitor split working the rest was cake.

Thanks for the help!

Lalo

Hello so i've looked the No capture card video over and over again ... could u explain in it more details .. and is it necessary to make a VM to run or i can execute the whole procedure in windows... So basically i'm asking for a tutorial for dummies literally !! :D thanks from now and i'm really glad there are ppl like u here :3
And a second question cuz when i run OBS it starts with my Nvidia but for the quicksync it has to be with the Intel ... so the problem is when i run it with Intel i cant put the Scene Game Capture because for the game it needs admin rights ... if i run it with admin rights it starts with Nvidia (in the Nvidia control panel i've selected obs to be run under integrated graphics ... :(

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
QuickSync actually has nothing to do with the GPU OBS runs on. In most cases you will want OBS to run on your nvidia graphics chip, as it will capture games or monitors that probably use the nvidia card.
Hmm, I will have to take a look at the video again. In general you can set it up in several different ways, which makes a dummie video a bit hard. But I will think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.