StreamDeck no longer working with OBS

conspirakitty

I did the OBS update this morning and now it does not recognize my system. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Stream Deck and OBS drivers and it is still not working. Please help.

FerretBomb

If you've upgraded to OBS v28, you'll need to update the Streamdeck plugin to the v28 version. Elgato have it available on their website.

ToTheLifeboats

This upgrade is fucked. It just nuked my setup and now I'll be scrambling to fix the 6 plugins that broke instead of doing show prep. This is fucking amateur hour. I'm so done with OBS.
1663352529245.png

FerretBomb

This upgrade is fucked. It just nuked my setup and now I'll be scrambling to fix the 6 plugins that broke instead of doing show prep. This is fucking amateur hour. I'm so done with OBS.
Blame the plugin authors who have had months to update to Qt6.
Or maybe read the patch notes before rolling a major-version update to your prod setup. It noted that plugins may be incompatible.

Seriously, who updates anything in their prod environment right before their go-live? Even a minor hotfix?
On the up side, if you haven't updated your plugins, it's an easy rollback to 27.2.4 just installing over the top of the existing installation.
If you updated your plugins though, you might be a little hosed since the v28-compliant versions don't work with v27 and under.

Probably want to wait a while before updating to v28, since at least two to four of those plugins don't have v28-compliant versions yet.