Question / Help Stream Will Just Suddenly Degrade in Quality...Severly

Barcode

I have been trying to narrow down the issue here but it goes basically like this. I could start my stream and it will work terribly. Then wait start it and it will work perfectly with no lag or choppiness in the stream. Maybe 30 minutes or an hour later the stream just tanks and degrades into basically still photos one after another. Any advice? I have tried this with many different settings with different qualities and bitrates -- it seems to either work or not.

Attachments

• 2019-02-17 18-37-16.txt
    55.7 KB · Views: 9

Narcogen

18:41:02.133: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 271 (9.1%)

20:03:27.835: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 31020 (23.6%)

Problem with network connection.

20:03:50.487: obs-browser: Uncaught (in promise) Something went wrong. (source: https://streamlabs.com/widgets/viewer-count?token=268543D8DEB8799A680C:0)

Something is going wrong with your StreamLab viewer count widget, but I can't tell whether that is causing an issue, or if that is just failing because your network connection is. This error is repeated a lot.

You're also getting some audio buffering increases and a very small number of dropped frames in encoding, which suggests you're riding the edge of what. your CPU can do, possibly.

Barcode

Thanks for the reply. I spoke to my internet provider because I suspect there was an issue with my internet. I was having "spotty service" A Tech came to fix it today so the network issue should be fixed. I pay for 400 mbps and I believe 25 or 30 upload. However my iMac is only getting ~150 mbps and 25 upload, currently working to see if its my mac. I streamed last night at 8000 bitrate for 45 minutes without a problem. However the last issue you pointed out about the audio, what exactly does that mean? Is there some settings I can try and adjust to fix it or what?

The streamlabs widget issue I wasn't aware of and am going to look into it now. Thank you!

Narcogen

Several times during the stream, OBS has to add to the audio buffer to make sure it doesn't run out.

19:45:13.818: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 208 milliseconds

Sometimes this is caused by periods when your CPU is overloaded-- but the amount you have here is not actually excessive. You probably don't need to worry about it.