Stream stuttering about sometime

Justin20020

Hello,

I'm streaming for I think 1 or 2 years and I didn't encounter this kind of problem. Im streaming primary on Twitch and here is my problem:

after sometime in the stream, obs will after I think 5 or 10 minutes starts stuttering for some seconds and the sound starts stuttering too and then the stream shows up normal again til this stuttering come again. I don't know why this is happening. I'm streaming the games on Consoles (Ps4, snes mini) via elgato HD60 S. I thought it would be this problem with the capture card so I tried a PC game out and I encountered the same problem.

Codec: NVENC

I read that switch from CBR to CQP could fix it but it doesnt so badly. Im streaming with 1080p60 and my scaling filter is Lanczos. I tried out to set my bitrate a bit higher (7000) and back to my normal rate (4500) but no effect. I tried even out to stream on 720p but it the problem is not be fixed again.
It looks like that obs itself seems to be "refreshing" something like that. It is really annoying. I hope someone can help me here!

my system:

MB: Gigabyte z390 D
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti OC (11GB)
CPU: i9 9900k
RAM: 32 GB
capture card: Elgato HD 60 S
OBS: 25.0.8

Justin20020

And I got a crash at startup if I open OBS with admin

-edit-

I encounter the problem even without starting to stream. I mean, its coming on the preview on obs

Attachments

• Crash 2020-08-26 15-46-15.txt
    116 KB · Views: 2

DeniYT

Make sure to go into performance mode in your OBS which disables your preview. Try to lock your in-game FPS.
Bitrate shouldn't be higher than 50% of your upload speed.
10mbps upload speed = 5000 kb/s bitrate

Go advanced settings > video :
Color Format : NV12
YUV Color Space : 601
YUV Color Range : Partial
Force GPU as render device > check

Go advanced settings > network :
Bind to IP : Default
Check all 3 boxes below

Make sure to disable DVR on your Twitch, if there's an option, which won't let your viewers rewinding the stream.
So the crucial things should be : locking your in-game FPS because you don't want unnecessary FPS to put a weight on your stream, network settings, enabling performance mode, and finding stable bitrate.

Justin20020

I need the preview to read the chat. I don't have the problems in the past.. but obs starts now crashing. I reinstalled completly elgato and obs but the problem exists

Justin20020

I think the problem is my 144hz monitor because thats my gaming monitor and I have 2 others but these are 60 hz monitors. Don't know what to do know :c

DeniYT

I also use 144hz monitor for gaming and 2nd monitor to read the chat. You basically don't need the preview in OBS to read the chat. You can simply open your Twitch stream and read the chat from there while going into performance mode in your OBS.