Resource icon

Stream/Recording Start/Stop Beep (SRBeep) (Unsupported) 2.1.1

Just signed up so I can post here for help because I'm having an issue. I did exactly this but it's not working. I see the file but I'm not getting a beeping noise. And all my audio sources are working. And I have the right version of OBS downloaded.. It also doesn't give me a prompt to merge folders, maybe that's the problem? I drag the obs-studio folder from SRBeep\windows folder into C:\Program Files and all it does is give me a loading bar and at when it reaches 100% it tells me the files have been added to the folder. Should I maybe just delete the folder in general and add the new one from SRBeep/windows?

It may be a known bug with the latest version of OBS and the plugin. I still haven't had time to verify the fix that has been made. If you can, wait for the next version, which should actually be in a week or two (for real this time), and see if the problem persists.

adocilesloth updated Stream/Recording Start/Stop Beep (SRBeep) with a new update entry:

Replay buffer and pause

Added sounds when the replay buffer is turned on or off (but not when the buffer is saved!) or when the recording is paused or unpaused.

Also added a silence file to replace sounds you don't want to use but want to keep the log file clean. You can just delete the sounds you don't want but this will cause warnings to be thrown into the OBS log.

Also also, this is a bit of an experiment to see if simply rebuilding the plugin against the latest FFMPEG and SDL2 fixed some issues people are...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Dx77

I was using the old OBS version until now. Today I updated OBS and SRBeep to the latest versions, and everything is working very well, thanks a lot!

I also saw your remark that you added more sounds to SRBeep, but no sound for "saving replay buffer" yet because it is not supported by OBS at the moment. Thanks, I understand.

rednecked_crake

Is it possible to get this to work for the older version of OBS, before studio (the one with this UI)?

Clipboard01.jpg

The later version of OBS flat out will refuse to work too often for my liking (randomly not grabbing game captures usually).

Homegrown

How exactly do you install this plugin? The instructions in the readme file simply say to drag the OBS studio folder into c: Program files. Well there is no OBS studio folder in the zip file. There is an OBS studio folder in program files which is the installed OBS program. What I have is:
Folder> SRBeep-Master which contains obs-frontend-api [Folder], Resource [Folder], Readme [file] SRBeep.cpp [file], and Makefile [file]. All the readme says about installing in windows is: "
Drag and drop obs-studio folder into C:\Program Files
(or wher ever you have obs-studio installed)
Merge all files down and you should be good to go."
Well the only OBS studio folder is the one in c:Program files where OBS studio is installed. I don't see any point in dragging it anywhere.

Attachments

• SRBeep-master.zip
    246.4 KB · Views: 54
How exactly do you install this plugin? The instructions in the readme file simply say to drag the OBS studio folder into c: Program files. Well there is no OBS studio folder in the zip file. There is an OBS studio folder in program files which is the installed OBS program. What I have is:
Folder> SRBeep-Master which contains obs-frontend-api [Folder], Resource [Folder], Readme [file] SRBeep.cpp [file], and Makefile [file]. All the readme says about installing in windows is: "
Drag and drop obs-studio folder into C:\Program Files
(or wher ever you have obs-studio installed)
Merge all files down and you should be good to go."
Well the only OBS studio folder is the one in c:Program files where OBS studio is installed. I don't see any point in dragging it anywhere.

You have downloaded the source code from GitHub, not the plugin itself. Download the release by clicking the button at the top of this page that says "Go to download", or go the the releases page on GitHub to get the release, then follow the instructions you quoted.

Homegrown

You have downloaded the source code from GitHub, not the plugin itself. Download the release by clicking the button at the top of this page that says "Go to download", or go the the releases page on GitHub to get the release, then follow the instructions you quoted.
The "Go To Download" link at the top of this page is what I did and it downloads the same zip file I already have. I cannot find anywhere that I can download anything other than the same files and folders that are in the zip file. And there is no OBS studio folder in the zip file. If there is an installation file please provide a link to it. Google can't find anything.

Last edited:
@Homegrown I have downloaded from the "Go to download" twice (once yesterday and once just now) and it definitely has the folders you need. Or, as I said before, go the the releases page on GitHub here and download from there. The file you attached to the post before is the source code (it has "master" in the filename which only a zip of the source code from GitHub will have) and the folders you list are part of the source code. Download the file from the link at the top or the GitHub release page. It will be called SRBeep.zip.

If this doesn't work, please walk me through, step by step, exactly what you are doing when you try to download the plugin.

barobs55

Hello,

Firstly, thanks for the nice must-have addition to OBS.

I would like know if it's possible to add another sound (say screenshot capture) to the SRBeep folder (where the mp3 files reside) and make necessary modifications of the concerned files (no idea, which :P) via notepad or does it require modifying the .dll file itself.

It would require editing the source code and recompiling the .dll

I had a quick look at the frontend API for screenshot stuff (as I guess that is where you were heading) and it looks like there is no screenshot callback (at least in the same place as the start/stop stream etc), so adding a sound for a screenshot appears to require some effort in a plugin.

barobs55

Thanks for the reply.

Will make do without the sound I guess. Editing the source code is beyond my qualification :P

Riichie

@Dx77 @Riichie
Can you try the update and let me know if it's working (or not) now please.

Hey, lol sorry I completely forgot about this. My renewed hunt for OBS notifications brought me back to here and I was like wait this looks familiar, then I saw my username and I was like oh shit lmaoooo.

So I have OBS 26.1.1, the absolute latest version, and I have the latest version of your plugin, and yeah, I'm still not getting any audio for the beeps. I actually see the folder where the mp3 files are and I can open them and play the sounds, but when I click Start/Stop Recording no sound comes through. Do I need a specific audio setting in OBS or something?

Riichie

Hey, lol sorry I completely forgot about this. My renewed hunt for OBS notifications brought me back to here and I was like wait this looks familiar, then I saw my username and I was like oh shit lmaoooo.

So I have OBS 26.1.1, the absolute latest version, and I have the latest version of your plugin, and yeah, I'm still not getting any audio for the beeps. I actually see the folder where the mp3 files are and I can open them and play the sounds, but when I click Start/Stop Recording no sound comes through. Do I need a specific audio setting in OBS or something?

Idk why I can't edit my message, but I actually JUST got it working right after I said it's still not working! I read the 2 reviews that people left about this plugin, and one of them said you have to enable "Push-to-talk" under one of the audio settings, so I did that, and now I hear the sounds!!!

So for future reference in case anyone else has problems:

Settings > Audio > Hotkeys > Audio Input Capture > Check the box that says "Enable Push-to-talk"

djvfx

alright... I did all the install steps, and read all the posts, and this is not working for me. :/

any help appreciated!

my set up - PC 64 latest OBS - 27.0.1 seems my directory structure is different than the Readme. I have...

C:\Program Files\OBS\ then
\locale
\plugins
\shaders

...and a bunch of loose .dlls and .pdbs in OBS\

??? not sure what to do differently to fix this.

Last edited:
C:\Program Files\OBS\ then
\locale
\plugins
\shaders

...and a bunch of loose .dlls and .pdbs in OBS\

??? not sure what to do differently to fix this.
That file structure looks like OBS Classic and the root OBS folder should not have loads of dlls or pdbs in it, just three folders and an uninstaller. You should have an obs-studio folder somewhere, try the Program Files (x86) folder.