Question / Help stream quality

afcadude

hello , im new here , and trying to get high streaming quality

im streaming with a hauppauge hd gaming edition plus and a asus laptop with this specs

intel (R) core (TM) i7- 4510u
cpu @ 2.00ghz 2.60ghz
memorie 8gb
hdd 500gb
Nvidia geforce 840m

i didnt make any changes in the settings from obs , only installed it and started streaming
but i think my stream can have better quality
this is one of my last streams
http://www.twitch.tv/afcadude/b/662478582

here is the link to my log
https://gist.github.com/50eea5cf6f7b6adf4dac

what can i do to improve my stream ?
i dont know much of this things and are already happy i maneged this far
sorry for my bad english but its not my home language
btw im really liking obs so far , good work guys !!!

greets Niels

Attachments

• 2015-05-25 03-56-50.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 19

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
That log didn't have a streaming/recording session in it, you might have to try another log file. (I really need to just make it log the ini files or something)

afcadude

Anyone got tips to make my stream 720p or even better 1080p? ?
My inet is 200 - 20 mbit s, Thats no problem for streaming im thinking

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It says that you scaled your resolution to 1064x600 output, which will decrease the quality a bit. Your bitrate is okay for that resolution, though if you were wanting 720p you'd have to set it to 720p, but I would not recommend setting it to 720p for your computer, your current resolution seems fine. Your system is only a 2-core machine fundamentally, so you'll probably incur some encoding/gaming lag if you do.

You could try higher scaled resolutions but honestly I wouldn't recommend doing so without getting a faster computer.

afcadude

Oké thanx for the reply, its a bit strange if i stream without obs, just streaming straight from my capture card i can have a livestream in 1080p, without any lag or other problems :-(

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yea, that's normal. Your device has built-in encoding, but only for the thing it's capturing, so if you stream directly with the data from the device, you incur no CPU hit, but you won't be able to add things like overlays or webcams and such.

If you wish to composite other things along with the video from the device, it requires that you re-encode, which will cost CPU.