Question / Help Stream issues. Question/help.

Bradcraz

First post so I hope I have everything I need and that it's in the right place. Been streaming straight from the Xbox for a bit, I thought it might help my streams if I added some flair with something like obs. Problem is now my streams are really pixelated, to the point of being unwatchable.

I have a Cyberpowerpc that runs Windows 10, it has a Intel Core i5-9400F, 8 GB DDR4 Memory, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 6GB. My download speed is 58 mbps, upload is 11 mbps, ping is 25.

The Auto Configuration suggested these settings. Bitrate 5000, Encoder Hardware NVENC, FPS 60.

Like I said I'm new to Obs so any help is much appreciated. Thanks for reading and thanks for your feedback and time.

BigYuckFou

since you are using a turing based graphics card you can do this:

in the video page set the base canvas to 3840x2160 and downscale to 1920x1080

add your xbox as input using 4k 3840x2160 but only if you have an xbox one X. otherwise set everything even the above base and downscale to 1080p

since you wont be using your PC to play games, ensure all programs are not running except OBS, when opening OBS right click it and run as administrator. then manually set the CPU priority to high.

Then in the stream settings choose NVENC new, do not enforce streaming platform settings. do not re scale here.

then at the bottom of those settings tick all the boxes and up b frames to 4. keyframes to 1.

Then stream at 6000kbps, not 5000.

also alter your settings in the nvidia settings to the attached, also images of the stream and video settings in OBS attached

nvidia1.PNGnvidia2.PNGstream.PNGvideo.PNG