Question / Help Stream is very laggy / PLEASE HELP!

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Hi, sorry to hear you're having issues!

Please post a link to a clean log file. To make a clean log file, first restart OBS, then start your stream/recording for ~30 seconds and stop it again. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc. When you're done select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Copy the URL and paste it here.

Koldi

Hi, sorry to hear you're having issues!

Please post a link to a clean log file. To make a clean log file, first restart OBS, then start your stream/recording for ~30 seconds and stop it again. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc. When you're done select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Copy the URL and paste it here.

https://gist.github.com/41c79cc0eea50154222c0896cbd5200a

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Thanks for that.

Looking at the log, it seems that your graphics card is slightly too overloaded to be able to render video out for the stream.

Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 353 (7.8%)

Make sure to lock your in-game framerate to your display (usually 60fps via vsync), and maybe look at lowering some in game settings.

Also try opening Task Manager to see what is using most of your CPU/GPU and adjust accordingly.

Please post a new, clean log file after you've done all this if you're still having issues.

Koldi

Thanks for that.

Looking at the log, it seems that your graphics card is slightly too overloaded to be able to render video out for the stream.

Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 353 (7.8%)

Make sure to lock your in-game framerate to your display (usually 60fps via vsync), and maybe look at lowering some in game settings.

Also try opening Task Manager to see what is using most of your CPU/GPU and adjust accordingly.

Please post a new, clean log file after you've done all this if you're still having issues.

My frames are locked and I have things turned down a lot in game for settings.

I have 100% CPU while streaming and I don't know how to lower it, Fortnite is the game I stream and takes up about 50% of my CPU. Any tips on lowering that if thats the issue?

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
You can also try going into Settings -> Advanced -> CPU Priority and raising that to "Above Normal" in OBS Studio so that it doesn't have to struggle as much.

As you're using a 1050 Ti, you could even try changing your encoder (Settings -> Output) from x264 to NVENC, which will take a lot of the effort of recording/streaming away from your CPU to a dedicated part of your graphics card.

Past that, there's not much you can do - games are designed to take what is available as much as possible to give you the best experience.

Koldi

You can also try going into Settings -> Advanced -> CPU Priority and raising that to "Above Normal" in OBS Studio so that it doesn't have to struggle as much.

As you're using a 1050 Ti, you could even try changing your encoder (Settings -> Output) from x264 to NVENC, which will take a lot of the effort of recording/streaming away from your CPU to a dedicated part of your graphics card.

Past that, there's not much you can do - games are designed to take what is available as much as possible to give you the best experience.

Thank you so much, I don't understand why this was the issue but putting my OBS to CPU Priority "High" completely fixed the issue and there is now no lag in my streams and viewers see what I see.