Question / Help [FIXED] Stream is lagy

Dan Hot

So i findout why its lagging, but dont know how to fix it!
OBS is on Monitor2 and Game is Monitor1 im ingame and the stream is lagging, but if i go with my mouse on Monitor2 and click on the OBS window, then there are no more lags! I thought maybe a monitor problem and i test alle on 60Hz and only Monitor1, but didnt change anything.

Everytime the game window is not the active window stream has no lags!
Windowmode or fullscreen didnt change anything!
I test it with Streaminglabs OBS in there its the same.

Sooo anyone has an idee how i can fix this?!

Dan Hot

Update i installed AAC and set output on superfast NO LAGS.
So i test default VERY FAST and welcome bag lags, so i read about OBS bugs with CPU Cores, and so i disable my first too Cores from OBS and lags are gone, so with i have with 4cores/8threats lags and with 3cores/6threats no lags???

Narcogen

You have to have a complete session for the log to include the required information. If you only start streaming and then upload the log, it's incomplete. Look at the bottom of the log. The last entry is "start streaming". That's an incomplete log. The summary information about stream performance is only written to the log when streaming is stopped.

Dan Hot

I changed:
Binding to IP

Binding to a manually chosen is only rarely needed. Go to Settigs → Advanced → Network and set "Bind to IP" back to "Default".

But the rest is nonsense, my CPU and GPU are not at 100%
One friend of me, has same CPU (he 3570, i have 3770k) and GPU (both 970 GTX) and he dont have this problem!

Thx for help first, but did u even read what i write ur u just look the logs?!

I tryed INGAME BDO Resulution and graphic lower and the bug is still there!!!
I also tryed also ultrafast and no change.

Narcogen

This is not nonsense. It is in the OBS log:

21:43:50.767: Output 'adv_stream': stopping
21:43:50.767: Output 'adv_stream': Total frames output: 54770 (67702 attempted)
21:43:50.767: Output 'adv_stream': Total drawn frames: 34625 (75006 attempted)
21:43:50.767: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 40381 (53.8%)
21:43:50.767: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 12932 (19.1%)

21:43:50.767: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Freeing 77 remaining packets
21:43:50.771: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================
21:43:50.934: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 58541/70330 (83.2%)

Dan Hot

So then explain me, i disable 2 cores for OBS and i have no bugs, no lags, no droped frames and all runs fine......

So less cores for OBS, or less power is MORE POWER?

It's as if I'm going full throttle on a car, driving slowly and moaning the car, but if I'm low on gas then am I driving fast?

That explains to me, that would be the invention that the world longs for.