Question / Help Stream is blurry no matter the settings

Legalt

https://obsproject.com/logs/wCllDzsXD7an9NK0

Seriously need some help. I've searched everywhere and nothing seems to help.
Stream is blurry no matter what settings I use, whether it's on Twitch, YT, using OBS or XSplit or ReLive.
Currently using an RX 580 with a Ryzen 1700.
Upload is over 10mbps.

I've tried 30/60 fps at 720 and 1080 using 3k-6k bitrates. Lanzcos. CBR. Keyframes to 2. Multithreading. CPU usage from very fast to medium. x264 or my GPU. Process priority to high/normal. Profile to high. GPU quality preset to Quality on OBS.
I cannot figure out shit. Every game is blurry. I feel like my upload and PC are more than enough for something even half decent... My PS4 has WAY better quality haha.

*EDIT*
Figured it out for anyone who wants to know. When you go to "Source" on OBS, right click it (such as Game Capture) and click filters. Press the button and add "Sharpen". The sharpness was set to .08 by default, which was seriously fucking up how my stream looked. If you have AMD, I also recommend enabling "GPU Scaling" in the Catalyst under Display.

Last edited:

Narcogen

https://obsproject.com/logs/wCllDzsXD7an9NK0

Figured it out for anyone who wants to know. When you go to "Source" on OBS, right click it (such as Game Capture) and click filters. Press the button and add "Sharpen". The sharpness was set to .08 by default, which was seriously fucking up how my stream looked. If you have AMD, I also recommend enabling "GPU Scaling" in the Catalyst under Display.

I think you may have misunderstood what you've done. By default, OBS does not do any sharpening. When you add a sharpness filter, the default value for sharpening is .08. That's not a hidden value for sharpness that was active and that you changed, you added that level of sharpening. Did you leave the value there, and if not, what value did you use?

matthewwhitaker

I think you may have misunderstood what you've done. By default, OBS does not do any sharpening. When you add a sharpness filter, the default value for sharpening is .08. That's not a hidden value for sharpness that was active and that you changed, you added that level of sharpening. Did you leave the value there, and if not, what value did you use?
Ohh I didn't know that thank for the info. I was just trying to help with my knowledge.