Question / Help Stream has video but no audio showing in OBS

weezy

To start off, this is how I am set up. My setup is 2 PCs, 1 gaming 1 streaming. The gaming PC is hooked up to one monitor via DisplayPort, and to the Elgato HD60 S via HDMI cord, with the displays being duplicated. The Elgato is then connected to the streaming PC via USB. The streaming PC is hooked up to a monitor via HDMI.

I'm a bit at wits end and need some help. Ever since I've had the HD60 S, it has worked absolutely fine. Just plug and play. I had to move the computers to a different room recently, and of course after the move, the audio suddenly stopped working on OBS. Everything else works perfectly fine as well, which is why I have singled out the HD60 S. I had a brief moment of success last night after fiddling with different USB slots on the streaming PC (both audio and video just suddenly worked), but since turning it off yesterday and turning it back on today, I couldn't get it to work again.

I've tried to find some solutions online but nothing has worked. Here's what I've looked at so far:

**In OBS**

* Under Properties>Audio Output Mode - I have tried all three options "Capture audio only", "Output desktop audio" (DirectSound and WaveOut)

* Under Properties>Audio Device - I made sure "Game Capture HD60 S (Audio) (#1)" is selected

* Under Advanced Audio Properties - "Monitor and Output" is turned on

* Deleted and created a new Video Source for the Elgato multiple times

* Deleted and created new scenes multiple times

* The audio bar doesn't move at all, the gaming PC has audio because I can hear audio when I plug headphones in

* Reset OBS and the streaming PC many times

* Uninstalled and reinstalled OBS multiple times (making sure everything was deleted within the folders)

**Gaming PC**

* Sound settings are fine, it is set to output to the HD60 S and you can see that it is outputting sound when you go into the settings menu and when headphones are plugged in and set to output to the headphones

**Hardware**

* Tried swapping multiple HDMI cords

* Tried swapping to a different USB cord but then video also stopped working (probably wasn't the right kind, it was just a charging cable)

* Tried swapping over to different USB slots on the streaming PC (it worked once last night but no success with that method today), and I know the other USB slots work because I plug other devices in them and they work fine

* Tried using a new HD60 S but issue persists

qhobbes

Does the sound bar move in windows when there's audio from the gaming pc?
windows_audio_record.png

qhobbes

Does the sound bar move in windows on the streaming pc when there's audio from the gaming pc?

weezy

The sound control panel on my streaming PC doesn't show the HD60 S at all, but I see it under "Sound, video and game controllers" in the Device Manager

weezy

Just an update. I had a brief moment when it seemed to have worked perfectly fine, thought my luck was too good to be true and restarted my computer just to see if it would stay working and it stopped working again... -_-

weezy

Still haven't been able to fix the issue. I've contacted Elgato as well but I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Someone please help...

weezy

Can anyone please help? I've tried a bunch of forums/support channels and I'm just being ignored...