Question / Help Stream elements

gravesmeister

I'm somewhat new to streaming, obs studio and stream elements and hopefully I can explain my issue properly so it makes sense. Here goes. I'm adding a browser source from a stream elements theme overlay and it isn't scaling properly. I'll attach a pic. I have my OBS Studio output set to 1920x1080p for the canvas and 1280x720 for the stream output. When I add the browser source I change it to 1280x720 and that's what happens. I've tried changing the resolutions up and down and no matter what the image won't fit the screen properly. I don't know enough about either to know what I'm doing wrong. I've also tried to right click on the source and change fit to screen and all that. Nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Attachments

• obs1.jpg
    obs1.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 307

Narcogen

Your canvas is 1080p, not 720p. Set it up for 1080 and then scale it as required to fit. Scaling is the last thing that happens in the output chain, so you treat everything as if your screen is 1080, and forget about the output resolution.

gravesmeister

Wow. Thank you. That makes total sense now. Thanks for explaining it so I can understand. I thought I tried that already but apparently not. I changed it to 1080 and wa la! You rock Narcogen!