Stream Disconnects after 30.5 Minutes

emilyisthepants

I've been troubleshooting for days and can't seem to find the cause of my stream disconnecting. It happens consistently after 30.5 minutes of streaming using OBS (or Streamlabs). I've been pouring over the log files from my tests and can't seem to figure out what is causing the stream to go down. I haven't encountered any other network issues. I don't have hotkeys enabled either. I am using a wired connection, streaming to Twitch, and have made the following changes and have not seen resolution:

1. Open port 1935
2. Checked and confirmed DHCP is not renewing
3. Switched to static server based on test results (Virginia 3 and/or 5)
4. Static IP
5. Lowered bitrate to 3500
6. Lowered fps to 30

Unfortunately, I cannot connect my PC directly to my modem. It's not a logistical option. Does anyone have any other thoughts as to the cause or additional suggestions for troubleshooting?

Attachments

• 2020-11-16 14-42-17.txt
    325.3 KB · Views: 15

qhobbes

Does this happen if you use another service such as YouTube or restream.io (to stream to Twitch)?

emilyisthepants

I'm not familiar with restream.io. I'm trying to test with YouTube, but had to verify my account before I was able to stream. I'm in a 24 hour waiting period to test this.

UwUkid

Try setting up a free account on restream.io, and verify your twitch there. Now go to your obs settings>>Stream, select restream.io from the list, and login to your account.
I use restream, and I get nice 1-2hrs of stream per day (my limit, not restream's) as long as I don't get disconnected

emilyisthepants

Try setting up a free account on restream.io, and verify your twitch there. Now go to your obs settings>>Stream, select restream.io from the list, and login to your account.
I use restream, and I get nice 1-2hrs of stream per day (my limit, not restream's) as long as I don't get disconnected
Unfortunately, I can't get the stream to start when trying to use restream.io, even if I don't auto-connect and enter the streamkey. I'll more than likely have to wait until I can test with YouTube as well.

UwUkid

hmmm, can you possibly try streaming to other services while you wait?
try omlet.gg, It's what I prefer on phone, but you can stream to it from a pc too.
or maybe facebook gaming? there's a lot of services, you try those to see if your problem persists

emilyisthepants

Have you checked the output timer in tools?
I did and it did have a value of 30 seconds input for some reason, but I don't think it was impacting things. I've removed it incase this was somehow impacting things. I did login to my router and found that a TCP call is being made every 30 minutes. I'm not sure if this could impact connectivity at all and if a static IP for my router would resolve this issue.

Banyarola

As long as streaming timer is unchecked it doesn't matter what is in there.
Other then that, I really don't know how to help...Sorry, I'm sure someone else here can..

emilyisthepants

hmmm, can you possibly try streaming to other services while you wait?
try omlet.gg, It's what I prefer on phone, but you can stream to it from a pc too.
or maybe facebook gaming? there's a lot of services, you try those to see if your problem persists
I tested on Facebook and encountered the same issue.

Lawrence_SoCal

On a weekly livestream created in April, I had problems of a random disconnect almost every week. I got a new PC and had no issue since then. I suspect some of the security software [AV, DLP, IDS/IPS, etc] on the corporate PC was causing the issue. I mention this as any number of background tasks/services on your PC, in whatever combination goes with streaming for you, could be causing an issue.
So basic troubleshooting says eliminate variables until to identify source (easier said than done). So have you tried streaming from another computer (simple stream of a picture or webcam, no OBS plug-ins, background OS tasks live OneDrive. Google Drive, WhatsApp, etc ALL turned off)?
if that stream works, then you can up bitrate to tarte, test again. If that works, you know it is likely your current PC

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Your log suggests the stream is stopped by the browser source:

15:39:50.171: obs-browser: streaming stop requested by UI control

emilyisthepants

Your log suggests the stream is stopped by the browser source:

15:39:50.171: obs-browser: streaming stop requested by UI control
Thanks for this info! I did see that in the logs. I'll be honest I'm not sure what to make of that information and where to look to mitigate this issue.

emilyisthepants

I managed to determine that browser source issues could be the cause of alerts/widgets, so I disabled everything. White this didn't resolve my disconnect issue, I'm actually receiving a different error now. While this is not ideal, I think it is indicative of the true issue at hand:

20:38:14.556: socket_thread_windows: Received FD_CLOSE, 21290 ms since last send (buffer: 467380 / 468480)
20:38:14.556: socket_thread_windows: Aborting due to FD_CLOSE, error 10053

No data got sent for over 21 seconds, which caused my stream to drop. This indicates a problem with my connection to Twitch, but because I'm also experiencing this problem with other streaming platforms this is most likely result of my ISP limiting data.

If anyone has other thoughts or suggestions, feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2020-11-17 19-34-44.txt
    23.1 KB · Views: 4

emilyisthepants

how fast ist your connection have you test the connection?
have you test to use nvec as encoder did you use Wifi network ? or habe you a wificard installed wich try to connect to another wifi?
Hi There, my connection is approximately 50 up 50 down. I'm using an ethernet connection and not wifi. I have tried both encoder methods available in OBS and haven't seen a difference as well.