Stream disconnects after 30-40 minutes

MazzKhaos

My stream will disconnect after about 30-40 minutes. So far I've reset the stream key, replaced Ethernet cable, checked with my ISP, reset my network adapter, changed servers, played with the bitrate both up and down, allowed through firewall and antivirus, and tried disabling both too.

PC Specs are
Ryzen 7 3700x
ASUS x570 Tuf Gaming
Vengence 3200 MHZ 32 GB
EVGA 2060 KO ULtra

Internet speed test is 15ms ping, 229 mb/s download, 14 mb/s upload.

Attachments

• 2020-06-23 19-16-40.txt
    162.9 KB · Views: 24

kylephillipsfun

The same thing is happening to me. My last 5 streams ever 30 minutes to an hour OBS randomly disconnects, then reconnects 10-15 seconds later. I've tried all sorts of things I've scoured the internet for, but nothing has helped.

Attachments

• 2020-06-23 17-15-01.txt
    42.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2020-06-23 20-48-32.txt
    63.6 KB · Views: 6

MazzKhaos

After reading through my own log and searching various things.... my GPU had a driver update today and I also disabled all xbox/windows game bar stuff and restarted my pc and now it's been running fine for an hour with no issues.

MazzKhaos

Whelp, back to the drawing board. Had it solid for 2 hours yesterday no problem. Today it crashes left and right... if it were my ISP I would think everything would crash but no it's just OBS. I just don't get it.

MazzKhaos

Ah HA! Just checked my router login page.... the port my pc plugs into kept crashing. It's not even that old so might be time for a new router for me. Plugged it into a different port to test for now.

carlmmii

Just as a possible left-field fix, your motherboard just got a new bios update on the 22nd that includes networking stability fixes, among other things. (have been waiting on this one myself for the last month).

MazzKhaos

Just as a possible left-field fix, your motherboard just got a new bios update on the 22nd that includes networking stability fixes, among other things. (have been waiting on this one myself for the last month).

I think I may have downloaded that already but i'll check. It is running smooth at the moment.

MazzKhaos

Wooo finally fixed it! I had a number of issues.... I disabled xbox app (don't think it was an issue, just not using it), disabled game mode and game bar, got rid of snap camera because it kept bugging out anyway, stopped ai suite 3 from booting up at start up, reset msi afterburner to defaults with the exception of my fan ramp up speed.... OBS settings I set to Output>Output Mode: Advanced, Encoder NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (new), don't check enforce or rescale output, rate control: CBR, Bitrate 4500 kbps, keyframe 0, preset quality, profile high, uncheck look ahead and psycho visual tuning, gpu 0, max b-frames 0. Video> base 1920x1080, output 1280x720, lanczos, 60fps. Advanced> color format NV12, color space 601 and color range partial.... I have a feeling I can put the last two back to 701 and full but I don't see much difference between the two..... CPU in OBS is only at 3-4% overall usage is about 40% when gaming GPU stays under 80%. Run OBS as admin... Hope that helps someone else. Good luck!

MazzKhaos

Another update.... sometimes it’s stable sometimes it’s not.... my equipment has reported a dynamic range violation so I may have a bad cable somewhere or my router is on its way out. Going to check the router logs when I get home.

MazzKhaos

Different router and still happening. Everytime I think it’s fixed, it happens again. Going to have isp give me a different modem to try and tell them to physically check their lines. I’m trying to be patient but holy crap.

• Sad
Reactions: Bc7

MazzKhaos

Nope. Still drops. I did manage to fix some of my errors with my scenes by enabling refreshing browser sources but still getting drop outs.