Question / Help Stream Can Only hear Mic Audio

TemporalLotus

The stream can only hear my mic audio and not my desktop. I try playing music but it can't be heard or youtube videos. Help would be really appreciated.

hans_kviatke

Hey Temporal!

I've had the same issue yesterday after Windows 10 update. I solved it by disabling all sound output and input devices (in windows sound settings panel) except the ones that I'm using to stream/record in OBS. Additionally I unchecked all "Line" inputs in OBS except Line 1 which is the one I'm using, but I'm not sure if it had any impact. Hope this helps!

Narcogen

You're using surround headphones as your default output, but OBS is set to 2 channel audio-- perhaps that is the problem?

Narcogen

Yes, that's what I was suggesting. If you're sending multichannel audio as your default output to a set of surround headphones, but OBS is set to 2 channel stereo, you may need to either set OBS to multichannel, or make sure you're sending an ordinary stereo output to your headphones.

Narcogen

2.1 is just stereo with a subwoofer.

If you are echoing on stream you're either capturing something twice or you have monitoring on when you don't need it.

Narcogen

If it is from monitoring, go to Edit > Advanced Audio Properties and check that your audio sources are set to "monitoring off" and not "monitor and output".

If it is from duplicate sources, check Settings > Audio and make sure you don't have the same device enabled more than once, or better yet, disable ALL the audio sources in Settings > Audio and add audio sources explicitly to each scene, that way you can be absolutely sure there are no duplicates.