Question / Help Stream buffer all the time

FerretBomb

This isn't a log from a live streaming session. Post another one from a live session at least 5 minutes in length.

Are you watching from a separate laptop (not the one you're streaming from)? What bitrate? If you are streaming to Twitch and are not a Partnered caster, it is not recommended to exceed 2000kbps bitrate.

BenteHD

Okay so I did a quick cs:go deathmatch stream.
At first then I started the stream I saw the usual buffering (some here and there) on my seperate laptop, but then I removed desktop "recording" from stream and only streamed game the buffering was almost gone, saw 1 buffering when i load onto the map.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the log from that session.
v
https://gist.github.com/7cd4c2ca6830fe93fb13

dping

Okay so I did a quick cs:go deathmatch stream.
At first then I started the stream I saw the usual buffering (some here and there) on my seperate laptop, but then I removed desktop "recording" from stream and only streamed game the buffering was almost gone, saw 1 buffering when i load onto the map.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the log from that session.
v
https://gist.github.com/7cd4c2ca6830fe93fb13

Code:
10:17:39.788: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 78 (0.4%)

Well within acceptable range. I wonder if the monitor capture was lagging your scenes

there is a difference between where the scene pauses then resumes which would be a major stutter or dropped frames and buffering. buffering has no audio, dropped frames will mostly contain audio since audio is handled different from the video stream.

BenteHD

I might just not record my desktop and just use an image as "background when Im in between games/ switching games.
I gonna do a test tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for the help!

dping

I might just not record my desktop and just use an image as "background when Im in between games/ switching games.
I gonna do a test tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for the help!
np. some people use a graphic that says "something is missing! stay tuned!" as a transition

dping

okay, so I did a league stream without desktop recording. I saw buffering and i did drop some frames(never done it before).
Can you see anything what might be the cause?

https://gist.github.com/fb994879a7939da9c6c1

18:47:28.994: Output 'simple_stream': Number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 808591930 (100.0%)

wtf? I dunno, there is no way you streamed and dropped 808,591,930 frames. that wouldn't even be possible if you streamed for a week straight. numbers just seem off.

The only thing I can clearly see now is that you need to move both monitors to the nvidia GPU. using onboard is just going to cause two active video buffers. there is no reason to use the onboard.