Strange stutter when recording/streaming

tompano

So I have been using streamlabs obs for years and a few days back I had to reset my PC. I'm streaming from my ps4 via a capture card and it has been working without issues. But when I setup my things I encountered some very strange stuttering in the video everytime I tried to record something. I've always wanted to go back to studio so I set it up there now with no extra scenes, just the game and with the settings the program wanted me to use and here is my log file. https://obsproject.com/logs/4O_awfg4WWDMcJn2

tompano

It might be somthing to the capture card, I'm using a slight old avermedia lgp lite but have had no issues like this before. So the program im using to capture is avermedia c835 capture if that was what you were asking about.

Starts of running fine for maybe 5-10 seconds then the gameplay turns out stuttery beyond recognition.

carlmmii

No, as in what media program are you using to play back the .mkv file you produced?

If you're using the Movies & TV app, that has issues playing back high-framerate video. VLC should be used instead.

carlmmii

Ok, so it probably is something to do with the capture then. First thing I'd try is changing the framerate to 60 instead of 59.94, just to see if that changes anything with frame desync.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with that capture card to provide any further advice. I don't know if the h264 encoding is a necessary part of the device or not, but that could possibly be one of the causes... either on the device's side, or through the decoding process (which could be CPU performance related).