Bug Report Stinger Transitions at First Frame

I don't think a log file will help with this issue, but if that or something else is useful, please let me know.

I've started using a custom stinger transition and indicated in properties that I want the scene transition point to be at 50 frames - exactly in the middle of the stinger when the screen is fully covered by the stinger. It works beautifully on its first use. But If I ever use it again, it always transitions the scene on frame one, resulting in something pretty clunky and unprofessional looking. I just figured out that I can solve this by switching in or out of Studio Mode. Each time I switch in or out of Studio Mode, the stinger works as it should - but only on the first use, forcing me to switch in/out of Studio Mode again to work properly the next time. I've also had issues during a stream where the stinger just stops working completely and I have to relink the .mov clip in properties.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues and/or have suggestions?

c3r1c3

I have never had that happen to me. Is the Stinger video on a local drive or a network share? Also what's the file format and codec used in the stinger? Also are you running the latest version of OBS (20.0.1)?

I'm in OBS 20.0.1. The file is a local .mov file.I don't actually know the codec, but I downloaded a program called GSpot that says Codec: rle; Status: No Codec Required. I made the file in After Effects if that helps.

c3r1c3

Try re-exporting that mov with the Animation codec with Millions of colors+ selected.

Let us know if the Animation file is smaller (in size) than the RLE file.

Thanks so much for the help. The original file was 138MB. The Quicktime Animation file is only 41.8MB. I created another Quicktime PNG file that was 12.5MB. I restarted OBS between trying each file. All had the same, original results. Any other ideas?

c3r1c3

Hmmm...thinking here:
Does this happen if you leave OBS in non-studio mode? All of my testing has been in non-studio mode, so I'm about to test in Studio mode. I'll report back what happens.

c3r1c3

Just tested it in Studio mode and it worked perfectly. In OBS I have the preview on the left and the program on the right (i.e. what's going out on the stream).
Can you post your transition somewhere so I can download it and test it?

hmm.. It's odd for an issue to only happen with one user, but that would be my luck. Here's the smallest version of the file I'm using.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6b4b1683fbqht80/Cloud_Transition_V3.mov

It's happening in and out of Studio Mode for me. But like I said, it works fine as long as I go into or out of Studio Mode between transitions. The second time I transition is when I get the error regardless of which mode I'm in. I could upload a video of a screen capture if that would help. Let me know if you have the same issue with this file. Thanks!

c3r1c3

It works for me, sorta... there are some bugs with what happens with it though, bugs that don't happen when I use one of my usual stingers.

c3r1c3

re-reading your description, the same thing is happening to me so at least it's reproducible.

I PM'd you a link to one that I use.

Strangely enough, I'm having the same problem with the file you sent. I guess I'll just have to use my workaround and hope they fix it on the next update. I tagged this as a Bug Report, but no one official has responded yet. Do you know if there's another step I should take to make sure it's noted?