Question / Help Stinger transition audio not playing

luminosity6

Hey everyone,

I just setup a .webm video file for my transitions on OBS Studio which is working fine except for the fact that I can not hear the sound during the transition but my stream can hear it. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Audio Monitoring is set to Monitor and Output and Audio fade is set to Crossfade.

ChilledNips

I have a similar issue if anyone can help! My stinger did have audio but now I can't hear it and I don't get anything registering on the desktop audio recorder during it anymore. have tried setting it to another stinger and resetting but no luck.

iTzCodes

For all those that had this issue. When I restarted OBS my audio was there.
If what he says doesn't work, under Scene Transitions click the Cog wheel where your stinger is selected go to properties and select Monitor and Output for 'Audio Monitoring' That will make the audio work :)

alexandresap

Hi there!
I have the same issue here!

I have a Stinger video with audio (.webm) but I can not hear the sound during the transition inside OBS.
Audio Monitoring is set to: Monitor and Output
Audio fade style is set to: fade outto transition point the fade in

Veetus

Somehow this issue was resolved, but now with the latest update it's back again. Anyone know of a fix?

Everyone should please check the AUDIO MONITORING DEVICE set in OBS, this can change when windows updates or if you shift sound hardware around a lot or use HDMI audio as a monitoring device through your video drivers, which when get changed, can often cause the device to re-enumerate and become "lost" to OBS.
1602365669674.png

Even if your device is showing up here, click on the dropdown and if you see a grayed out version of what you were just looking at, then the device became lost, no problem, simply select the non-greyed out (white) item with the same name or another device you wish to monitor through, hit APPLY, then OK. Quit OBS, and restart OBS. When you come back, anything set to monitor SHOULD go out the device you just selected, if not double check the volume of the monitoring device first.

Spikeypup / Patrick