Stereo signal into OBS via Audio Interface

DJHammySupersonic

HI everyone sorry if this is covered elsewhere on the forum i have searched. I have been streaming my DJ show for 2 months now and love OBS. At present i have a mini stereo jack going into my streaming laptop from my Denon DJ controller. That's my audio source and it works very well but i have to keep the master volume on a quarter turn and my eye on the levels in OBS. The microphone channel though needs to be on nearly full to be heard so i was going to get an Audio Interface to run this direct into OBS. I started looking at Audio Interfaces and that was relatively straightforward after looking at reviews. I then decided i should really be putting my controller audio output through an interface as well. This got me thinking. if i was to be able to continue to stream in stereo would i need to send the left and right signal into two separate inputs on the interface and would obs recognize this please. Ive been looking at this one among others though if i can keep stereo by using two inputs i'd need a third input to run the microphone though.
Hope this all makes sense and any guidance would be amazing.
I was looking at the Focusrite 2i2 3rd generation.

Thank you in advance.
Hammy :)

SopherFellow

you will want to load the ASIO plugin for OBS so you see 2 separate inputs on the interface. I think on that interface you can run stereo input to #1 or run separate mono inputs to #1 and #2 if you want to balance them separately in OBS. That I/O will not take 2 separate stereo signals - the 2 means 2 mono mics - you could combine each stereo sigmal to mono and feed separately