Bug Report Static noice in headset

Jesper Pettersson

I know this may look like a duplicate, but I have not found someone with the exact same problem as I have...

When I use my headset with OBS I get a static noise, this ONLY appears when my mic is on. If I turn it off, no static noise. And if I have the mic on and turn off OBS the static noise also disappears, so there must be some conflict between running OBS and have the mic on.

Headset: Logitech G533

Log attached.

Attachments

• 2018-02-27 02-21-18.txt
    12 KB · Views: 47

Jesper Pettersson

I'm starting to think if this has something to do with me hearing myself in the mic when I'm talking. The sound is very low though. I tried to talk with and without the mic on and OBS closed , no sound from the mic in the headset but when I talk in the mic with OBS on there is clearly a difference in sound when talking with and without mic.

Jesper Pettersson

Fixed it! Well, now I feel kinda dumb, but also happy :)
In my case I think the only problem I had was with the setting my headset software program was using, called "Biljud" on Swedish (I'm not sure about the English translation for this, maybe "around sound" or something?). It was set to 100, dropped it to 0 and the noise disappeared. Easy as that! I also did some other things before this so I will list them below since maybe they also took part in this fix.

1. Opened up my microphone settings (bottom right corner, right click the sound icon and choose "record settings"), then disabled all of my other record devices that my computer had found, the only record device active should be your mic your using.
2. Then I clicked on my microphone and "settings". Went to "advanced" and unmarked the box "Allow other programs to take full control over this device".
3. Also changed the channel Hz from 44100 to 4800 (this I also did in OBS in audio settings).

Link to my short guide about the steps I made to make it disappear:
https://youtu.be/l1KRrzqys48

Hope this helps somebody!