Static in my intro and outro

Z41N

Hey guys,

I've gotten pretty familiar with OBS, but for some damn reason I cant figure this one out:
Created my own intro with video and audio, saved as an MP4 file. The quality of the file (running through VLC) is great - no static at all.
However, when I create Scene 1 and Scene 3 for my Intro/Outro, and start recording, there's static once the intro/outro starts.
I thought maybe it was just my headphones or something, but after uploading my vids to youtube, I can hear the static from any device, so it must have exported as an issue.

I even played the scenes individually through OBS, and the static is there. The only time there's no static is if I open my original mp4 file of the intro without putting it as my intro/outro in OBS.

Here's the link to my latest log:

Attached my intro/outro .mp4 file so you can hear how it should sound (NO STATIC, BEAUTIFULLY SMOOTH).

And here's a link to my recent video, where you can clearly hear garbage static right in the beginning for the intro:

I tried toying around with muting the mic, and some of the audio, but cant isolate the issue.
Also tried removing the scenes and re-adding them, to no avail.

SOS PLS!

Attachments

• Z41N IntroOutro.rar
    207 KB · Views: 29
This was an interesting problem...
I think the issue is with the audio compression and how OBS tries to decode the compressed audio...I took your file and imported it into Adobe Premiere and just exported as an avi (with the audio stream converted to 32bit wav file).
I then placed both files as looping sources in OBS and I can hear the static more in your original file each time it loops. The avi file i hear the static faintly on the first go round, then its gone for each subsequent play.

I tried higher bitrates for the audio (312kbps) and that seemed to help a lot (attached)...but the pop was still there on the first play, but not afterwards.

Maybe someone with more insight can chime in, otherwise I'd say use a different audio track fro your intro.

Good luck.

Attachments

• YouTube IntroOutro-312.zip
    364.5 KB · Views: 28

Z41N

This was an interesting problem...
I think the issue is with the audio compression and how OBS tries to decode the compressed audio...I took your file and imported it into Adobe Premiere and just exported as an avi (with the audio stream converted to 32bit wav file).
I then placed both files as looping sources in OBS and I can hear the static more in your original file each time it loops. The avi file i hear the static faintly on the first go round, then its gone for each subsequent play.

I tried higher bitrates for the audio (312kbps) and that seemed to help a lot (attached)...but the pop was still there on the first play, but not afterwards.

Maybe someone with more insight can chime in, otherwise I'd say use a different audio track fro your intro.

Good luck.

Thanks for trying!! Such a weird problem.. I just tried a few more things like changing up my filters but then realized it has no effect on the intro/outro since its purely effecting my mic quality. Ughj

No problem, I even tried it on my Linux laptop to see if it was OS related and the static was still there but at the tail end of the audio.