Question / Help StarTech USB2HDCAPM Capture Problem - SOLVED

Backseat Nick

I have a system that uses the StarTech USB2HDCAPM.
The device works with its own software which is called streamcatcher and is very basic, but I know the StarTech USB2HDCAPM is working because it works with this software.

My problem is when I add a new video capture device OBS identifies the USB2HDCAPM as a QP0204 USB, Analog Capture (#01)
And when I select this option there is no data. And the red framesize bounding box seems to me 1x1px. There's no video data. I can go into the configure video menu and it shows that it does detect a 720p stream 60p. But I can't get it to display.

Any advice?

Backseat Nick

So when reinstalling the drivers (actually there were updated ones) I discovered that this product is also known as the QP0204 USB. So with that I hooked it all up to a new computer and played with the settings.

I right clicked the red dot and went to transform and hit fill screen. That made the blank box fullscreen. The I went into the properties and started clicking.

I changed it to custom resolution and selected 1280x720 to match the video and when I changed video format to h264, bang I got a nice clean video capture.

Now the problem is there is no audio passing through the device from the HDMI, but there is camera has audio.

Any ideas?

Backseat Nick

In the properties I checked > Use custom audio device
Then in the audio device menu selected the QP0204 USB Analog wavein

SO now I am seeing good levels but they are not being recorded to my test records, I tried playing around with the track record settings but still there is no recorded audio on the files.

Backseat Nick

I restarted the program and the audio tracks changed order, now the video capture device is above desktop audio on the mixer window. And now it records to the file!
I exported the scene collection and imported it in the other computer and it works nicely.

Thank you for listening :)

kleinersatan

Hello,
I have a Problems with a USB2HDCAPM capture device from StarTech. I become not a Video signal to my OBS.

The QP0204 USB Analog, I am shown but I do not get a picture.

Please Help Me.

Please excuse my English, I am from Germany

Attachments

• probleme.jpg
    probleme.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 388

hasschaya

I restarted the program and the audio tracks changed order, now the video capture device is above desktop audio on the mixer window. And now it records to the file!
I exported the scene collection and imported it in the other computer and it works nicely.

Thank you for listening :)

I had the same issue and made an account just to thank you!

Tx Chuck

I also have a USB2HDCAPM and was able to get it working just fine thanks to the instructions here. The problem that I am having is that the video is lagging a bit behind the audio. I have an NVIDIA GT 710 as my video card. I know it's not the beefiest out there but it worked fine with Stream Catcher. But now that Adobe Flash is no longer supported and is in fact being blocked by Windows 10 Stream Catcher can no longer be used. Startech suggested I install OBS as a work around for now.

I was just wondering if there are any settings in OBS that I can play with to try to get the lagging video to stop?