Staging audio microphone/ game input to left or right side.

There's a weird bug in the Apple operating system where it will not accept stereo sound inputs, unless you provide their professional music or movie making equipment.

I decided to edit my video game scenes with a post headphone decoded sound so that anyone listening on headphones could hear the game soundtrack in surround sound.

The problem is that Apple assumes all microphone inputs that are in that don't go through there professional software is mono microphones.

Now I can't split the 3.5 mm TS into a left Channel and right channel RCA and then plug those back into a 3.5 mm TS cable with audio inputs being two separate mono inputs.

But apparently they will not stage as a separate left and right inputs unless the perceived by the apple as a stereo input and even if they are there's some feedback like a high-pitched whaling when I try to hook a 3.5 mm TRS cable to the mono RCA input.

I could deal with mono inputs if OBS allows for soundstaging, why Greg microphone a which is the Left Channel into 100% of the Left Channel and 0% of the right Channel and then the opposite with audio B for the right Channel.

Apple is trying to limit what could be put in Stereo as input on their machines. So I thought this would be a good OBS feature to have a sound staging of your microphones so you could either be center or left or right or anywhere in between.

eadnams

Use an external DAC for stereo audio. The TRRS of a mini jack wont cut it, stereo input is not supported by any normal TRRS hardware, Mac or not.

4BBFBF4D-59B2-485E-9FE9-07510078FF8D.png

I noticed I used a TRS (3 region) for 2 audio tracks plus common ground.

I notice when one mono analog input is used, it's okay. But add a second one anywhere on the chain, and there is a high pitched hiss as soon as you add a second.

I just thought of an idea. If Apple only wants "digital inputs", I was wondering if a Bluetooth alternate transmitter/receiver (can be either, but only one way at a time.) would work, and not cause a high pitched whine as feedback.

I'll try that and let you know.

eadnams

I noticed I used a TRS (3 region) for 2 audio tracks plus common ground.

I notice when one mono analog input is used, it's okay. But add a second one anywhere on the chain, and there is a high pitched hiss as soon as you add a second.

I just thought of an idea. If Apple only wants "digital inputs", I was wondering if a Bluetooth alternate transmitter/receiver (can be either, but only one way at a time.) would work, and not cause a high pitched whine as feedback.

I'll try that and let you know.
Id suggest a wired USB DAC (Focusrite makes good ones) to avoid the bluetooth delay.

And yeah, the jack is only wired for mono audio input at mic level, this is standard for any TRRS jack on any device.

Id suggest a wired USB DAC (Focusrite makes good ones) to avoid the bluetooth delay.

And yeah, the jack is only wired for mono audio input at mic level, this is standard for any TRRS jack on any device.
Apparently I found a PC and Mac TRS input on Amazon. I bought it and it works perfectly fine.

More likely that it's my complex analog maze that caused the whiny hiss rather than a deliberate booby trap by Apple.

It's just that Apple defaults to mono inputs combined with stereo outputs.

By the way this is reverse this is an ADC not a DAC it takes analog inputs like the outputs of my Turtle Beach DSS one and turns it into a digital inputs acceptable by USB.

Turns out everything is all right.