Question / Help Sources playing in other scenes. Dual PC Setup

hksmash

So I recently made a large upgrade to my streaming setup with a dual pc configuration. MP OBS came highly recommended being that I'm now using a mixer to capture audio from my gaming pc and xor mic and send it to the streaming pc. During the setup of scenes in OBS I have a standard slash screen that plays as a "Stream starting soon" video with no audio. Ideally I wanted to created another scene that homes a .mp4 video as the intro for the live stream. I noticed when adding the scene the video plays automatically and the audio from the video source can be heard in other scenes even though it is not there. I want the video to start playing when I switch to that scene so that I can make a smooth transition into a full camera scene to start the live stream.

How do I stop this from happening?

will Sim

I am not sure if you are trying to loop it or not, but if you click on the source settings, there is a check box to loop it or no. If you loop it, it will loop forever and when you change to that scene, you ll see, not the beginning, but where the video is currently playing. If you dont loop it, then the video will finish playing. So you ll need to open the intro source and click ok then the video will run. but the transition is not smooth 'coz you gotta switch scenes etc I wd suggest have like a intro pic, too, and do a shortcut for that and the intro; so asap you click on the intro to play it, the pic will be shown meanwhile, then switch them smoothly. it is my current issue. I have 4 videos, which i dont loop 'coz cpu usage goes way too high, even with a streaming pc.
Hope i explained myself.

in short, you might need layouts to do those transitions and dont add one in one scene. Have the intro in a dif one. etc