Bug Report Source is black in newer versions

ipozow

Well, I think that I don't have the English enough to explain this so I will explain it with images.

This is how it looks like in OBS 23.1:
Captura de Pantalla 2019-04-30 a la(s) 16.11.12.png

No image

Captura de Pantalla 2019-04-30 a la(s) 16.09.03.png

Here the image should also appear in the right

Captura de Pantalla 2019-04-30 a la(s) 16.13.43.png

This last image is only to show that the setup is OK.

And here is how it looks (and should look like in 23.1) in OBS 21.1.1:
Captura de Pantalla 2019-05-01 a la(s) 08.38.49.png

There is image, works as expected

Captura de Pantalla 2019-05-01 a la(s) 08.39.17.png

Image in the left and the right

I don't have the log because I have already downgraded the version

keyman26

Having a similar issue - may or may not be related. I'm running OBS 23.1.0, OSX 10.12.6 and have an AJA Kona IO4K (on the latest firmware and software) as my video source.
(just started trying to use OBS as an alternative to wirecast)
added a video capture source, was able to select an AJA NTV2 device, but even with the AJA configured to output a test pattern, I'm not seeing anything.
I've only just started playing around - could be something at the AJA end of things not working, but checking these forums to see if I'm hitting a known compatibility issue

I should add, that if I run the AJA Control Room software, I'm getting a image ok, so the Kona appears to be working, just OBS can't see / interpret the feed - or I need to tweak some settings to make the two mesh nicely

Last edited:

keyman26

Made some progress - by specifying the video source frame rate, input format, colour space, I've managed to get an image to display now.
Just dealing with some other issues now (we have a 2K source, but the image keeps flipping between 2K and 1080P, plus the video source is the output of a KVM matrix, and when swapping from one PC (mac to linux and vice versa) to another, OBS isn't too tolerant of stream switch and stops recording. Wirecast was better at dealing with this and just soldiered on) could be more settings tweaks required to make that work.