Bug Report Source Ip camera turns to black screen after a while

pcesario

I use obs to broadcast my IP camera, since latest version updates something strange begun to happen.
While i am broadcasting or recording the main source ip stream turns from real image to whole black.
I check the log for the moment this event occur and here it shows:
23:53:34.226: error: Too short data for FU-A H.264 RTP packet
23:55:17.858: warning: CSeq 306 expected, 5 received.
23:55:17.861: error: error while decoding MB 39 35, bytestream td
23:55:17.897: warning: CSeq 306 expected, 6 received.

Tried to reduce ip cam resolution setup from 1080p to 720p and the same issue repeats, randomly.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Owl Lady

New to OBS. This is my first post to an OBS forum. I am using OBS to broadcast IP cam & analogue cam (PIP) to ustream channel. Analogue (smaller picture) never goes black. But as u describe above, the IP cam picture goes black intermittently throughout the day during the broadcast. All set up guides & instructional "black screen adjustment/fix" tutorials have failed to remedy the issue. Ergo, I too am interested in how to fix it.

Thank you.

TonySqrd

I am also frustrated about OBS. I used 7 PC laptops 2 macbooks and 2 workstation with different specs and different OS and the result has been the same. Back screen after a while when I stream from my IP Camera to YouTube. I watched every fix out there, but most of them are for gamers capturing their screen. Nothing worked. Anyone found a solution? Anyone knows of another software, even to bu????

Owl Lady

Following solution worked for us and original poster as well.

We downloaded VLC (32 and 64 bit must add both) onto the same computer as one running OBS.
Open OBS, instead of adding IP cams as a media source, iow's, telling OBS that IP is a media source, we added/checked box for VLC source. We then told OBS to auto configure the IP cam.

Prior to this, intermittent black screen 5 maybe 6 times a day. Since doing the above, no black screen (thus far)