Sound on diferent sources

Kindrake

Hi, I have two different scenes.
Each of them is capturing video from YouTube or other game window.
I would like to activate the sound from onde scene only when that scene is sent to the live screen.
So If scene 1 is live and showing captured video and audio from YouTube, scene 2 is not live and is not capturing audio.
And then when I send scene 2 to live feed, scene one audio gets muted and scene 2 audio is activated.

Is this possible? How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Kindrake

Right now I've set up a scene that has a source that is a live broadcast from YouTube and the second scene has a source that is a game capture.
But It could be two game capture scenes also.
Either way, right now I am capturing desktop audio but to be honest audio is the least part I understand in OBS so I don't know If It is the best option. Or what could be better to be able to control the audio source depending on the active scene.

Thx

well you can disable all the audio options in settings then manually add each audio source for each scene. But if its the same source its not gonna be different like if both were desktop.

Kindrake

I see.
The Audio Source only present different audio input sources I can use on the scene, right?
Is there any way, even outside OBS I can separate the different audios and set one window or game to use one audio input/output source and fake a second or third source so OBS can identify those as different sources and operate indepently?

Kindrake

Right now only doing on PC.
I have NDI setup on this OBS profile. So I could have things in different PCs and capture through NDI. Does this help to separate the audio?

if it has its own audio source then yeah, and if you're using multiple pcs obviously thats gonna have its own sources. so you just need to match up the audio source with the scene you want it to go to

Tomasz Góral

It doesn't matter what you do.
It is important how you add the source.
Eg.
game_capture - Image only
audio_capture - audio only
browser - picture and sound
media_course - image and sound

In subsequent scenes you can add the source as new or as reference. The reference is the same source for all scenes, e.g. playing back material from YT