Question / Help Sound issue while streaming and recording.

Hybrid-Z

Hello,

I recently got the Intensity Shuttle (USB 3.0) capture card from Blackmagic Design and am having audio issues while recording from the Retron5 (and only the Retron5). While recording or streaming, there is a noticeable sound loss that occurs every second or two. It's not stuttering (or at least I wouldn't call it stuttering) but an actual loss/skip of sound.The video itself is fine though. The sound is also playing fine on the TV. I uploaded a small video of the issue at https://youtu.be/yIoXHwzZSpI as an example.

I have tried making different setting changes but the issue persists. I have tried recording with OBS several other consoles with this capture card and none of the other consoles experience this sound issue. It also doesn't matter what is playing in the Retron5 (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc), the sound issue occurs with all games in the Retron5. I have attached a copy of the log file from my most recent recording attempt.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 2018-01-02 23-08-21.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 14

Hybrid-Z

Three weeks without any comment or suggestion and even a new update comes out and doesn't help.

Thanks for all the assistance ...

Hybrid-Z

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried installing the 64bit iTunes file (trying both the standard iTunes64Setup.exe file and extracting and running he AppleApplicationSupport64.msi file) and then restarting after both install attempts. Unfortunately the sound stutter/loss still occurs. I'm beginning to think it might be a compatibility issue with the OBS software and recording the Retron5 (as this only happens when I record from the Retron5 and only with OBS).

Suslik V

I can think only of FPS and audio settings of the Retron5 itself, right now.

Any way you can configure your decklink device to 48000Hz audio sample rate (and Studio as well)?

Hybrid-Z

I can think only of FPS and audio settings of the Retron5 itself, right now.

Any way you can configure your decklink device to 48000Hz audio sample rate (and Studio as well)?

There really isn't any "options" on the Retron5 to change the audio quality (there's a sound enhancement option but I've tried it on and off) and the settings manager for the Blackmagic Shuttle doesn't let me alter the sound in that capacity. As for OBS, I tried switching between 44.1khz and 48khz sample rate but it didn't make a difference.

While trying the different sample rates, I tried random other options in desperation and saw that one of my Mic input options was the capture card. Since it's a USB connection, I'm guessing the computer "interprets" it as a input device in addition to the capture card naturally being detected by OBS. I tried using that Mic option instead and while the sound loss/skip doesn't occur, the overall audio is very scratchy.

Suslik V

Because other consoles works right together with your decklink device, then only the option is to change the capture properties of the device (maybe set PAL/NTSC frame rate, lowering resolution etc.).

Hybrid-Z

You're right. I'm giving up but on OBS for now. I've tried with another program and the capture card and it worked fine there. Seems like OBS has an issue with the Retron5. Thanks for trying Suslik.

If anyone else sees this and uses the Retron5 and OBS, do you experience the same issue? Or if you don't, what capture card do you use?