Question / Help Sound HELP!

Soo Kxrma

Hello OBS Forums,

So I stream on mac and use Soundflower 2ch for sound from my el gato and music. So I was wondering how I can hear the music or what not. When you use sound flower if I put it to my headphones obs won't have any audio. I see streamer listen to music in their headphones or use Skype while playing. Please help.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You need to set up soundflower to redirect to your headphones through soundflowerbed. Set your main output to soundflower 2ch, then set soundflowerbed to your headphones and it should work fine I believe.

Soo Kxrma

You need to set up soundflower to redirect to your headphones through soundflowerbed. Set your main output to soundflower 2ch, then set soundflowerbed to your headphones and it should work fine I believe.

When i try that, it gives my headset music but obs doesn't have any.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm confused, obs will get the music if you have the OSX sound control panel 'output' section set to soundflower 2ch.

System Preferences -> Sound -> 'Output' section -> Select Soundflower (2ch)

Soo Kxrma

Yes I've done this. If I make it sound flower 2ch then my headset will not get audio from my desktop just obs. And nothing is hearable unless i change the audio on sound flower to built in output. But I'm trying to for example use Skype and talk in a call but I can't do that and if I do obs will have no sound.

So, I was obs to have audio from my desktop ASWELL as my headset.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
And nothing is hearable unless i change the audio on sound flower to built in output.
Isn't that the idea?

Set your Mac to output to Soundflower, and then set Soundflower to output to your built-in output. Then add Soundflower to OBS as an audio source.

phatmale

in Skype there is an option to choose the output and set it to sound flower 2ch, my friend had this issue as she would record a video. her mic would get picked up and game audio but then afterwards it would sound like she was talking to herself as it would have no audio capture from Skype, we did some testing to find out that was the culprit.

Soo Kxrma

Isn't that the idea?

Set your Mac to output to Soundflower, and then set Soundflower to output to your built-in output. Then add Soundflower to OBS as an audio source.

Yes, now the problem is i hear the el gato sound in my headset. I don't want to hear the el gato audio when i already hear it. ?