Sound going out of Sync in OBS

BoostKingTV

Hi,
I have been using OBS for a while now with no issues with my Elgato HD60S at 1080p.
Yesterday I installed a new 4K60Pro MK2 Elgato into my PC. I did this as I now want to still capture in 1080p for Twitch, but I want to see the game in 1440p which I can do just fine. I capture gameplay from my XBox Series X and PS5 normally.

However with my first gaming session today, what I noticed is the sound slowly starts to go out of sync as time goes by. It gets worse and worse.
The only fix seems to be to deactive and reactive the source and it's back in sync (for a little while)
I don't understand the issue. I have been to Elgatos site and set up the OBS as they instructed with both the PC and OBS sound set to 48khz.
When I play any game and use Elgato's 4K capture utility, the sound and game are perfect always. I can listen to the sound via Elgatos software and it is fine, but when I see what OBS is doing, its got a delay. THe issue seems to be isolated to OBS only.
I also tried to do a video recording to my local hard drive and can also see the sound is out of sync, hence if I am streaming my viewers will also therefore hear that the sound is out of sync.
Hopefully I have explained this issue correctly. I've read many other posts about offsets and ms corrections,but this is a moving issue, starts in sync and grows to a bigger out of sync issue.

Any help is appreciated. I also have latest drivers for Elgato and latest version of OBS as well. This is something I need to resolve as its preventing me from streaming naturally.

Last edited:

BoostKingTV

Ok so to add a little more, I did a live stream test.

The stream audio was in sync on Twitch, however it was out of sync for me whilst listening to it whilst I was playing.

ReaperQueenTTV

I have this same issue and the fixes online or on youtube don't work for me :( I stream from PS5 connected to my laptop through OBS. Laptop is windows 11, capture card is the Legacy Elgato Game Capture HD - no issues before - I connect my headset through the chatlink cable so viewers can hear gameplay and party chat and the audio coming through headset is out of sync with the game but stream audio is 100% fine. help! XD