Question / Help Sound Distortion in streams on OBS

Hello, I am having issues with my streams on Twitch. I've recently watched a playback of my stream to check to see if sound from my blue snowball microphone and computer was audible. I use a blue snowball microphone for commentary and that was working fine. I use soundflowerbed for recording audio from gameplay, and there was some kind of distortion, as if it was too loud. I can't stream games with any source of audio distortion, and I need to get this fixed as soon as possible. If someone could please help me, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

P.S. I use OBS on a mac, and here is the setup for it:

MacBook Pro
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

And here is a link to my stream with the audio distortion.

http://www.twitch.tv/multigamemaster1/b/660861129

Again thank you for anyone who can help me. I need this resolved soon, please.

dping

Hello, I am having issues with my streams on Twitch. I've recently watched a playback of my stream to check to see if sound from my blue snowball microphone and computer was audible. I use a blue snowball microphone for commentary and that was working fine. I use soundflowerbed for recording audio from gameplay, and there was some kind of distortion, as if it was too loud. I can't stream games with any source of audio distortion, and I need to get this fixed as soon as possible. If someone could please help me, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

P.S. I use OBS on a mac, and here is the setup for it:

MacBook Pro
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

And here is a link to my stream with the audio distortion.

http://www.twitch.tv/multigamemaster1/b/660861129

Again thank you for anyone who can help me. I need this resolved soon, please.
I moved your thread to the proper forum. you also might want to include a log to help the OBS MP guys assist you.

Sorry for the month late response. I thought I had resolved the issues myself, but apparently the problem resurfaces. I will get the log files. I have highlights of my streams saved onto my twitch channel, as well as videos of my streams with the problem in question. However, I am not sure if I have them archived on my computer. How would you like me to upload them? By file or link?

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
I think that is a very old log. That is from OBS MP 0.6.4. The latest version of OBS MP is 0.10.1.

I think that is a very old log. That is from OBS MP 0.6.4. The latest version of OBS MP is 0.10.1.
Interesting. Maybe if I download that, the issues of sound distortion will disappear for good. Do you know of any websites I can go to to download it? And also, is it free?

SuperFashi

I have this problem too on the latest version. When playing a loud music, it was perfectly fine on my mac's speaker, but as I watch the live on another computer, the audio have really big distortion. But I can't be sure is this server's problem or mine. I guess it has something wrong with the encoder of aac which from ffmpeg. Nothing really important in the log file.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
There's nothing "wrong" with the FFmpeg AAC encoder, it's just that the FFmpeg AAC encoder is not that great at lower git rates. I would recommend encoding at at least 160kbps if you use that AAC encoder.

The good news is that there are some things in the works to hopefully get some different AAC encoder options available.

SuperFashi

There's nothing "wrong" with the FFmpeg AAC encoder, it's just that the FFmpeg AAC encoder is not that great at lower git rates. I would recommend encoding at at least 160kbps if you use that AAC encoder.

The good news is that there are some things in the works to hopefully get some different AAC encoder options available.
Oh that's nice, but... where is it...