Question / Help "Sorry we're having trouble playing this video" FB error

leeskeys

I've gone through all the steps to set up live stream on facebook, including copying the URL and streaming key into OBS. When I click "start streaming", the little FB inset window mirrors what I'm streaming through OBS. When I click "stop streaming" I get an error text on the little screen inset which says "Sorry, we're having trouble playing this video". Has anyone else encountered this issue?

leeskeys

Figured out the answer. I really should read directions more carefully. Even if you select "Go Live Now" in the upper portion of the FB screen, you also have to click "Go Live" in the lower left corner- LOL

Lawrence_SoCal

@leeskeys - note also that in FB /live/producer that the preview window (for me) sometimes stops working, but the stream is fine. Refreshing the browser window restarts the FB stream monitoring window. Also, note
- difference with Scheduling a live broadcast (most important is ability non FB users to watch live video & see comments; and ability to embed video elsewhere)
- that if you scroll the FB /live/producer window towards the top you'll get a larger monitor window, and other stream links/options, like stream health
BE sure to RTFM with Scheduled broadcast, especially the requirement (clearly stated on web page when you schedule) to connect stream more than 10 minutes in advance