Sorry, we're having trouble playing this video error when going live (FB Live)

perindesu

I used to be able to stream thru FB Live perfectly fine until lately, the error "Sorry, we're having trouble playing this video" keeps popping. My Chrome is up to date, I've cleared cache and cookies, tried restarting my PC uninstalled and reinstalled OBS, updated the stream key, tried using a persistent stream key, and turned my firewall on and off but nothing seems to be working.

FPCDexterAV

We're having the same issue here trying to connect with FB Live using either Chrome or Firefox. Made sure I had the latest version of OBS, as well as Chrome and Firefox, same error.

FPCDexterAV

Sorry .. forgot to include the log file. From what I can see in the log, FB seems to be connecting, so I'm going to assume its not OBS, and that I should contact with FB ?? https://obsproject.com/logs/Wx7ZB0rPpMcpxsKB

I've also attached screen caps of the FB live setup page, and the log.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 04-19-24 at 11.28 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-19-24 at 11.28 AM.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 04-19-24 at 11.29 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-19-24 at 11.29 AM.PNG
    37.4 KB · Views: 5

FPCDexterAV

FYI .... I'm assuming (and you know what that means) that the issue is at FB, as I can't see any issues in the OBS log, and I ran it though the online analyzer which found nothing.

All I'm looking for is a confirmation of that assumption.

Thanks.

FPCDexterAV

OK ... I went to the thread that Lawrence posted ... and here's my reply there:

Lawrence,
You're correct. Its local to the 'Live Producer'. Once I 'went live' the video preview did appear. I checked using another computer on FB, and that live stream test was working.

WHEW ... your suggestion to run a live test just lowered my blood pressure.

Evidently it has something to do with Live Producer but the stream is going to FB.