Question / Help [Solved] OBS Recordings Not Saving

sigma6ler

Hello everyone,

Recently my obs recordings are saving as just 48 byte .mp4 files that cannot be played, no matter the length of the recording. Just a few hours ago obs was recording just fine, but after starting a new recording without even closing or reopening obs, or any changes to my pc, the next recording ended up not recording properly, as with the rest of the recordings from that point onwards.

I've tried uninstalling obs and reinstalling, restarting my pc, drivers are already up to date, tried recording with different settings, and recording different sources, and nothing seems to work.

Edit: it appears I'm able to still stream, but recording is still non-functional.

Attachments

• 2019-07-10 12-53-12.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 105

Tarumes

very very very simple explanation
mp4 needs a index for every frame and if obs cant finish the file your recording is corrupt
mkv or flv do not have to finalize the video file.

and also refer to Harold´s Signature
"People need to stop saving directly to mp4. I could amputate both hands and still have enough fingers to count the number of good reasons to do so. "

sigma6ler

very very very simple explanation
mp4 needs a index for every frame and if obs cant finish the file your recording is corrupt
mkv or flv do not have to finalize the video file.

and also refer to Harold´s Signature
"People need to stop saving directly to mp4. I could amputate both hands and still have enough fingers to count the number of good reasons to do so. "
Thanks for the reply. I have already tried saving to every other format available and the issue still persists.

sigma6ler

I have solved the issue: apparently the directory I was saving to was too full, and would not save any further recordings because of it, even though I had enough space on my drive. That would explain why it would the recordings would cease working even though no changes were made, other than a recording being saved and taking up space.