Question / Help [SOLVED] FLV to MOV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblefat

How do I make the files export in .mov , if I can't then where is a good converter that won't make me loose quality?

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
You marked this as solved...what tool did you end up using?

OBS has a built-in remuxer for converting FLV to MP4, if that is any help.

cultureenhance

I've been reading so many different forums on how to convert FLV to MOV. Finally, I summarized three solutions:

First one: HandBrake . This tool is a free and open-source multi-threaded transcoding app.

Cons:

1. 1. HandBrake is too professional to handle for most people;
  2. 2. It doesn't support MOV as output format.

Second one: there are many third party software which supports converting FLV to MOV.I highly recommend iDealshare VideoGo which can batch convert FLV to MOV much easier, faster on Mac or Windows

Cons:

1. 1. Most of them are not free.

Third one: Online-Converter . This kind of converter does a great job on file conversion.

Cons:

1. 1. Like most online converters, the free version of this tool only allows you to convert videos smaller than 100MB. It's too small for video conversion;
  2. 2.Your MKV video should be upload to the internet to be converted. This means the risk of pravite information leak is possible.

aicoomeer

As we all know, FLV is such a popular file format for uploading or downloading video files online and numerous video sharing websites including YouTube adopt it. Unfortunately, such a hot format is not compatible with Mac, QuickTime, Final Cut, iMovie, and other iDevices. So that's why people try their best to convert FLV to MOV.

Here is a guide to help you convert FLV to MOV on Mac and Windows. Hope it is what you are looking for.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Open OBS, File > Remux Recordings, as I said above.

Also, the latest version of OBS lets you record locally with FFmpeg so you don't have to record to FLV anymore if you don't want to.

BiiPiiGii

My FLV files are retarded big though... one of them was seriously 9GB... HOW THE HELL!? I cannot fog ire that out for the life of me,

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
The audio track is gone, or it's just not appearing in your editor? Do you hear anything if you play it back in VLC? What editor are you using?

emvta

The audio track is gone, or it's just not appearing in your editor? Do you hear anything if you play it back in VLC? What editor are you using?

When I bring the remuxed file to my MAC to edit it in iMovie the audio of the file can not be heard or seen in Quicktime or iMovie. It is not appearing in iMovie for me to edit either. If I open the same file on my PC the audio is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.