Snaz makes OBS to Stutter!

Spent good amount of time troubleshooting and I finding what's making my OBS to stutter even on Idle. Snaz. When I turn the software off the preview mode on OBS stops stuttering. When I turn it back on BANG! it's stuttering.

I use snaz for the countdown clock, the stream uptime and the date and time. Been using it for years, on the latest version. It works fine with Streamlabs and it doesn't stutter and it's smooth but as soon as I get on OBS with it on, it stutters and to fix that option is not to have it on and OBS is smooth.

I don't get why!! why it is doing it? Years ago when I used OBS it didn't stutter. Any ideas?

qhobbes

qhobbes

1. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
2. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

@q
1. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
2. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.
Here: https://obsproject.com/logs/Suck7IsGmlU64K5A
Had apps open, game open, snaz open then as I was recording I closed it and open it up again. However game capture would not capture P3d V5 on window mode, did everything running as admin and won't capture it. Only thing that is able to capture was the menu and going into the settings

Also noticed that OBS and with snaz open it makes my p3d stutter. Yet not on streamlabs

qhobbes

1. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene. Remove the Game Capture from the scene if you are using Display Capture or the other way around.
2. SLI/Crossfire Capture Mode (aka 'Shared memory capture') is very slow, and only to be used on SLI & Crossfire systems.

If you're using a laptop or a display with multiple graphics cards and your game is only running on one of them, consider switching OBS to run on the same GPU instead of enabling this setting. Guide available here.
3. Your GPU is maxed out and OBS can't render scenes fast enough. Running a game without vertical sync or a frame rate limiter will frequently cause performance issues with OBS because your GPU will be maxed out. OBS requires a little GPU to render your scene.

Enable Vsync or set a reasonable frame rate limit that your GPU can handle without hitting 100% usage.

If that's not enough you may also need to turn down some of the video quality options in the game. If you are experiencing issues in general while using OBS, your GPU may be overloaded for the settings you are trying to use.

Please check our guide for ideas why this may be happening, and steps you can take to correct it: GPU Overload Issues.

No luck at all and it does it without any games running :(

Even with just a simple rotation image with no other sources activated WITH snaz open it does it. Like I said when SNAZ is not open it's alllll good. But when it's open and running it does it!!!!