Slight frame drop and lag when using browser capture

sdkeng

Hi,

I am fairly new to OBS and I am testing a live stream setup.

I am streaming a YouTube video(fullscreen) at 1080p 30FPS to YouTube. The plan is to host some upcoming live events on my channel along with my commentary. But as of now I am just streaming the video from YouTube back to my YouTube channel. My display size is only 1366X768, but I have changed the canvas and the browser source settings to 1080p 30.

Every now and then, I can see slight drop in frames. This drop is observable both on my YouTube channel as well as the browser stream in OBS. But my CPU is running only under 50% and there is plenty of RAM left. I cannot see anything wrong when I look into stats. There is no frame drop, render times is around 3.1ms per frame. What's strange is that after a few mins, the browser source gets so laggy and it looks like a power point slide show and there are no issues reported on stats.

I think this is some issue with OBS setting or something. Please help me resolve the issue. My laptop Dell Inspiron 5520is a bit ancient, but still going strong with :

Processor: i7-3632QM
RAM: 16GB
Graphics: Intel HD4000/AMD Radeon 7670M
SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB/ 1TB HDD