Skype image resizing randomly

wcassemiro

Hi!

I use OBS with Skype to get images from speakers' cam to the scene. Sudenly and randomly, the size of the cam image changes. Sometimes it gets bigger, sometimes smaller, either with the lockpad locked or unlocked. Does anyone know how to fix it? I have to be resizing it all the time during my streams and it drives me crazy here.

Thanks.

I'm guessing you are using NDI to get the skype feed in?
In that case skype dynamically changes the resolution of the video depending on various conditions. That why it resizes.
The source lock only stops you from changing any transform settings, but not the source itself.
To fix it, right click the ndi source, select "transform" -> "Edit transform" and change the "Bounding Box Type" to something other then "No bounds". You want to play with that setting a bit to find out what works best for your case.

Claudio Nunes

I'm guessing you are using NDI to get the skype feed in?
In that case skype dynamically changes the resolution of the video depending on various conditions. That why it resizes.
The source lock only stops you from changing any transform settings, but not the source itself.
To fix it, right click the ndi source, select "transform" -> "Edit transform" and change the "Bounding Box Type" to something other then "No bounds". You want to play with that setting a bit to find out what works best for your case.
The problem persists.

It is worth mentioning that it only occurs when using cell phones (smartphones). WebCam does not resize.

Using your tip, the video is distorted (stretched).

Any other tips?

@wcassemiro and @lebaston100

Nope, still the same. As mentioned you have to play with the Bounding Box Type so it does not distort.
Either "Scale to height of bounds" or "Scale to width of bounds" might work.

Claudio Nunes

Understand. It is just a tool to deceive the problem.

I just found it strange because in my case it only occurs with cell phones, when I change from vertical to horizontal, or from horizontal to vertical.

On the webcam, when I change the position (lay or stand) there is no change.