"Skipped frames due to encoding lag" on a really powerful PC.

cr15ti_1503

My PC Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080ti FE
CPU: Intel Core I9 9900k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz

Basically, recording ps4 footage from my Elgato hd60 pro through OBS Studio (latest version) causes often times skipped frames.
I've ran the program as admin, turned off game bar, made sure nothing else conflicting is running. Yet I'm still seeing those.
Settings were even tuned down, but this shouldn't happen on a PC like this when none of my components are used more than 20-30% (gpu never exceeds 25%).

Also, for some reason, x264 had fewer frame drops at the initial 1440p I was recording at.
(Edit: nvm, x264 drops way more frames. Like almost 100 frames or 0.3%)

Here are the logs: https://obsproject.com/logs/QRNsPy6XA1EaEcmG

Attachments

• 2020-08-12 15-52-39.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

cr15ti_1503

Ok another edit. Encoding lag skip issue only affects recording done from the PS4. I've tested this for a pc game from the same system and it literally has 0 skipped frames on everything.

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm a OBS newbie, and can't decipher OBS log files. so my advice may well be worth much less than $0.02
I'm curious if you are running into an issue [nevermind, I was thinking USB capture device, but the Elgato hd60 pro is PCIe x1]

This certainly sounds like an Elgato issue.
Are you sending more than the max supported bitrate? Have you tried backing off the bitrate from the PS4? Have you checked drivers, etc with Elgato?
Have you made sure the Elgato processes can run at high enough priority within the OS?