Question / Help Sharing audio

FBCChurch

I‘m using OBS to stream a live event to social media, at the same time I’m running another application, a audio conference call. How do I get the conference call app to hear the audio from OBS? Even if I listen to OBS through my computer speakers, the conference app is still not picking up the audio from my OBS stream, is there a way to share the audio? I’m running Windows 10 and the newest version of OBS.

FerretBomb

OBS does not provide a system audio output device, as it's primarily meant as streaming software. You'll need to use a piece of third-party software like VBAudio or Voicemeeter to capture the audio from OBS at a program level, then send it to a virtual audio device that can be added to your conference call app.

Justis.8vb

OBS does not provide a system audio output device, as it's primarily meant as streaming software. You'll need to use a piece of third-party software like VBAudio or Voicemeeter to capture the audio from OBS at a program level, then send it to a virtual audio device that can be added to your conference call app.

Thanks for this. So, if I'm interviewing someone live, I need to be able to pull up some audio reference files and we both need to be able to hear it (in addition to the audio being captured for the stream). Can I do this with one of the third party apps like you mentioned?

FerretBomb

Thanks for this. So, if I'm interviewing someone live, I need to be able to pull up some audio reference files and we both need to be able to hear it (in addition to the audio being captured for the stream). Can I do this with one of the third party apps like you mentioned?
Generally as far as the OBS side goes, you should be able to just play those back on the computer, and if you're capturing the desktop audio then OBS will hear it. How to have your conference call pick the sound up of those reference audio files would be a different question, and one we can't really answer as it isn't OBS-related.