Setting up recording studio on obs with sony camcorder 4k and ipad

Shah261

So here what i want to achieve 1. Capture recording from a sony 4k camera to my system (Already done using an elgato capture card) 2. Capture my ipad wrting to my system *Do i need another capture card for that? *If so can i give its hdmi output and output of camera to a hdmi switch(with pip mode), as I have only one hdmi input on system
3. Outut of system is connected to tv using hdmi All this so that when I'm recording I can see myself (with chroma screen in background) and what im writing on my ipad simultaneously on obs on the tv in front of me *I found something called hdmi usb 3.0 capture card, will that work for my ipad and I wont need a swithcher *Even with my switcher I am not sure if obs will capture both simultaneously using pip mode Ahhh so much confusion!!

FerretBomb

Each video capture device can handle one input.
If you run both into an HDMI switch, unless that switch includes PIP compositing capability (and I'm not aware of many that do) you will be able to select between them, but not include both at once.
If you have a separate capture device for each input, you can arrange them in a scene however you like; the Sources list is like a deck of cards (or 'layers', if familiar with Photoshop). Each can be resized and positioned however you like, with the 'upper' layer sitting on top of and obscuring the layer below. (So scale down the top layer to make a PIP 'window' above the full-size other source below.)

Do be aware that many cheap capture devices may not function with multiple of the same capture device in use simultaneously. This is due to how cheap firmware/drivers are written, using static references/IDs instead of proper enumeration.