Question / Help Setting up for more than one Stream?

MerlinCross

So here's a question and I really don't know how to simply say it so I'll run through the idea.

I'm going to use a spinner/randomizer to select form a couple of games to stream. Okay that sounds good. But the rub is I don't want to have to spend a couple minutes after the spin to set up everything.

Is there a way to set up streaming/recording and then quickly swap between those set ups, without at the same time tanking any performance by having all the sources open at once? Would this be set up in Scenes?

If this seems like a basic question sorry, kinda new. Or would this kinda of set up not be something for a new person to worry about

koala

You use scenes for that. Create one scene for your spinner and one for each of your game. If you have 3 games, create 1+3 scenes. Switch from the spinner scene to the game you want to present by selecting another scene.
By using Studio Mode, you can choose and prepare the next scene you want to switch to invisibly, and only by click on the "Transition" button you actually switch that scene live. For example you can start your game in the background and delay transition to it until it is ready to present.

MerlinCross

I think I get it but the idea isn't to have a number of games running, spin, and then pick the winner. It's spin, quickly start up the winner, and get to streaming.

I suppose the question is how to switch from Spin to Game as fast as possible without having to reset for every game. Not sure that's possible hmm. I'll try it your away.