Question / Help Server and Stream Key? Where do I get?

Reeigen

I am really really a novice at this. I am stopped right at the very beginning! The app is asking me for SERVER info and for Stream Key? What do I put there to continue? Won't let me continue. Please explain where I get that info? Thank you.

MCBYT

What are you attempting to stream to? If you are streaming to Youtube, you will find the info and key at youtube.com/live_dashboard. The URL will look something like rtmp://youtube.com/live2 (not exactly that, but it will look similar), and the key will look something like 4X12-JA9B-AO25 (example key).

Reeigen

Ok, I set up a test page so I can test this software before going live on my real Facebook page called TEST for Shadow Work. I have been using Zoom for 2 months but feel the quality is not great. So... I saw this and wanted to try it out. NOW... I went through the motions of scheduling a live video and get the stream key. I pasted it in the settings area. And hit start streaming. Start recording and I got to my facebook page and it is a RED box and says it will start soon. So I wait and it never started. I will go through the link you provided one more time. It seems there should be a place in OBS that says Go LIVE. ??

Narcogen

That is the "start streaming" button. The "start recording" button makes a local file on your computer, it doesn't send to Facebook.