Send hotkeys to OBS from PowerPoint

Send hotkeys to OBS from PowerPoint

uuoocl

OldFriends submitted a new resource:

Send hotkeys to OBS from PowerPoint - Send hotkeys to OBS when changing PowerPoint slides

This script is similar to PowerPoint macro for controlling OBS. They both send hotkeys from PowerPoint to OBS.
The difference here is the hotkey commands are stored in the section name.
For Example a section name is set to 'hotkey=%{F5}" (Alt + F5). When a slide in this section is displayed "Alt+F5" is sent to OBS. Having PowerPoint handle scene transitions can be useful for live...

Read more about this resource...

PCE

This is fantastic. Offered a really simplified way for volunteers at my church to run the livestream. However, normal key commands for powerpoint no longer work. In presenter view I have to double click to advance the slide. I really would like to have right and left arrow for advancing slides at least. Is there a way to fix this?

UroDoc

We have been using this PowerPoint macro in conjunction with the OBS script "Control Visca-over-IP based cameras" 2.1 for approximately 2 yrs. with great success. When using presenter mode, we only need to double click one time at the beginning to advance the slides. Thereafter we use the keyboard arrows. I don't know if you are aware that PowerPoint macros turn off the numeric keypad. Therefore any keyboard hotkeys which were setup using the keypad will not work. There is a VB code to turn the numeric keypad back on, but I was never able to make it work when I attempted to add it into the macro. We simply only use the keyboard numbers.

trying to get this to work with power point 365 Windows 10 and OBS vs 29.1.3. When I paste code in powerpoint gives me an error saying code needs updated for use on 64 bit system and to review declare and mark it Ptrsafe. I unfortunately don't know coding, but after trying to research, I finally just added Ptrsafe to the declare line so that it read "Public Declare Ptrsafe Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)"

this eliminated the error, however I have been unable to get the script to result in scene changes after setting the hotkeys and changing the section headings to match. Can someone please help?

This looked like the simple solution to a one man show I had been looking for. Hopefully someone can help me make it work on my machine and the new version of obs.

Thanks in advance.

uuoocl

trying to get this to work with power point 365 Windows 10 and OBS vs 29.1.3. When I paste code in powerpoint gives me an error saying code needs updated for use on 64 bit system and to review declare and mark it Ptrsafe. I unfortunately don't know coding, but after trying to research, I finally just added Ptrsafe to the declare line so that it read "Public Declare Ptrsafe Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)"

this eliminated the error, however I have been unable to get the script to result in scene changes after setting the hotkeys and changing the section headings to match. Can someone please help?

This looked like the simple solution to a one man show I had been looking for. Hopefully someone can help me make it work on my machine and the new version of obs.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
I’m working on a new way of changing OBS scenes using PowerPoint online. I’ll post a link to the solution soon.