Question / Help SDI input has six channels - how to disable two of them?

Starchie

Hi

I am relatively new to the software and I would love there to be a solution to this that is not obvious

I am running OBS studio

I am feeding OBS with a signal that comes from an HDSDI source. It has six embedded audio channels.

The ffed is sent to the computer via Thunderbolt 2 using a Blackmagic Design Ultrastudio Mini Recorder.

Is there a way to set up monitoring for each channel so that I can check what is going to my client via OBS?

In a perfect world I would have separate output level indicators so I could see everything at once instead of just the single stereo pair.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this - I hope someone can help.

Kevin

Narcogen

If you open Audio Midi Setup with the Blackmagic connected to the SDI source, how many channels are displayed there?

pkv

Developer
do you want to stream in stereo or 5.1 with these six channels ?
In order to see the six channels, you need :
first , select 5.1 in obs > blackmagic source properties (right-click on the blackmagic source in the source panel);
second, select 5.1 in obs > settings > audio.
Here is a screen capture with 8 audio channels in sdi (decklink mini recorder):
OB12CB~1.jpg

If you stream in stereo , your six channels will be downmixed. You won't be able to monitor each channel separately

Narcogen

Using third party software that is possible monitor and control separately, as long as each channel shows up in Audio MIDI setup as a discrete channel, which is why I asked.

pkv

Developer
Using third party software that is possible monitor and control separately, as long as each channel shows up in Audio MIDI setup as a discrete channel, which is why I asked.

oh right, good point; yeah he could use loopback. I was thinking within obs.