Bug Report Scrolling through audio sliders causes volume changes

Saturn2888

Version 0.9.1 for Windows.

When I scroll through the audio sliders view at the bottom, if I scroll up and down while I'm also hovering over the volume sliders and not the mute icons, it will start changing the volume of various inputs and outputs.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Is there any possibility you can explain the exact steps to replicate? I haven't been able to figure out what you're referring to.

Saturn2888

1. Have enough audio devices to get a scroll bar
2. Scroll the audio bar with the mouse wheel
3. If scrolling anywhere but the side that has Mute buttons, you will notice the volume bars moving up and down while you scroll

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
How specifically do you "scroll anywhere but the side"? I clicked on the scrollbar, moved my mouse around while scrolling, and it affected nothing other than the movement of the scrollbar.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Ooooooooh, I think I see what you're saying, and I think that is intended behavior.

If you hover over a volume slider and scroll up/down with the scroll wheel, the volume will change rather than scrolling the volume pane. I believe this is working as intended.

Saturn2888

I'm not touching the scrollbar, that's why. I'm moving the middle mouse up and down in the mixer around where the volume sliders are located. So while I'm scrolling through the list, it's hooking on the volume changers randomly and moving them up and down as I go through; changing any values I had set.

I know it's intended behavior, but there should be some way to scroll in there with the middle mouse without touching volume sliders via either a timer or some more-complex mouse-move slope calculation or even something as simple a checkbox disabling the middle mouse on volume adjustments so I can scroll freely and use my mouse clicking and keyboard arrows to alter the volume. I have high-res displays and clicking on the scrollbar takes a lot of accuracy when I'd really just like to use the middle mouse.

LesIzmoor

If you have just opened the mixer, it has "focus" and will respond to scrolling whether your cursor is over it or not. To remove focus from the mixer, you would need to click once anywhere outside of the mixer.

Saturn2888

If you have just opened the mixer, it has "focus" and will respond to scrolling whether your cursor is over it or not. To remove focus from the mixer, you would need to click once anywhere outside of the mixer.
I'm not talking about the external mixer window (Advanced Audio Properties), I'm talking about the little area underneath where it says "Mixer".

ThoNohT

Developer
As dodgepong says, this is intended behavior. If you hover exactly over a volume slider, it will change that slider, so when you scroll through that area and at some point your mouse exactly covers a slider, it will then move that slider a bit. It is quite possible that the scrollbar then moves a bit further, the slider loses mouse focus and your mouse can move on to the next slider, in this way seemingly randomly affecting several volumesliders.

Try scrolling by putting your mouse near the mute buttons for example, then it will not touch any volume sliders and the scroll-bar will be moved exclusively.

Saturn2888

That was the only solution I had. Most of the time, because my screen's such a high dpi, I tend to be off by a few px and start moving volume sliders. I'm trained to just scroll in the whole box, not a tiny side column.