Question / Help Screen Tearing When App is Open (and) Exp. Stream Buffering

whykeke

When I open the OBS app (without even streaming or recording) my monitor (all of the open screens) experiences screen tearing. It's never happened before and only when I open the app. I tried streaming anyway despite this, and although twitch said the condition was "excellent," my stream was buffering really bad (it was also delayed for about 10-15 min.).

I'm new to this program and still sifting through the support sections, so if anyone can give me any tips on how to make this better, I would appreciate it.

*Also, I tried sourcing a game and it didn't show up under window, or game capture. I'm playing it through Winewrap instead of a for Mac (like GW2 - that one did show up under game capture). Are Winewrap games unplayable?

Narcogen

OBS is CPU-intensive. Unless your machine is a beast, it's possible you might have problems running a Windows game, the winskin or wine bottle or winewrap (or whatever you're using) and OBS on top of that.

For the screen tearing, try going to the Advanced tab of the Preferences screen and toggle the "Disable OSX V-Sync" setting and see if different settings there affects it. You might also check for v-sync settings in the game; it's possible that either settings in OBS and the game are conflicting, or that you need it off and you have it on (or vice-versa).