Question / Help Screen size, what am I doing wrong?

pooky2483

What am I doing wrong, I am unable to get the 'Program' screen size to fill the black area, like the one on the left, even with the input & output being the same.
Not to mention the atrocious frame loss and time to render. frame rate has been down to 18 and render time has gone in the red.
vzZCdMbl.png

My spec is:
OS
Kubuntu 16.04

MoBo etc..
ASUS m5a78l-m/usb3
4xAMD PhenomII X4 965
32 Gb Ram

Capture device:
Mirabox Capture Device

Log File : https://obsproject.com/logs/xH5MhkCitEngeGMw

Last edited:

pooky2483

Ive had a go at tweaking the settings and have managed to get the output to do what I wanted, but now, the FPS, lag and time to render are terrible.
Any suggestions very welcome.

Output now
2fVzUmrl.png

Settings
Ow7jacXl.png

prwLcJQl.png

kGtu8cFl.png

luFQ5pIl.png

Narcogen

I'm guessing your initial problem is that in studio mode you have to hit the transition button before changes made in the Preview window apply to the Program button. You can exit this mode if you don't need it; when not in Studio mode, OBS acts like a hot switcher-- any change to a scene happens immediately as you select the desired scene. The preview mode lets you select the next scene in advance in case you need to tweak it first while looking at it, but don't want the stream to see you do that.

Anyway, for the performance issues, run OBS, do an output session (stream or record) wait until your issue happens, then stop the session and upload a log:

Include a log file if you have a problem: Here's how.

pooky2483

I've decided that I'm going to wait until I've bought a new PC (to my spec) and then try again. It will be one that can handle the load I throw at it as it's obvious that my current setup is far inferior to what's needed.