Screen size // ppt // live stream

EC510

Ok. Not sure how to explain this but I’ll tell you my set up and end goal.

SETUP: Ppt to obs to projector to (Projector) screen. I’m also live streaming the presentation for virtual attendees. All functioning off one laptop/1 display (laptop screen), extended screen (projector)

ISSUE: when I have ppt begin presentation (on the extended screen) it doesn’t fill up the projector screen - you see the windo icons on the bottom - and the graphic gets chopped off I’m obs. When I keep the ppt presentation windoW on to the same screen obs is on the graphics are ok but then I don’t have anything to show for on site attendees. The resolution or clarity of the ppt slides also deteriorate. Help!

Lawrence_SoCal

If the Windows icons appearing, that means you aren't in PPT slide show view
Other considerations
- Is laptop screen and external monitor same resolution/refresh rate?
- Are you broadcasting any other content other than PPTx? any video?
Projector is only PPTx, right? are broadcasting video + PPTx? if yes, then I'd expect Slide show window sizing to be different, unless you are you video as a small Picture-in-Picture type view

Fortunately for me, in-person worship is recognized by entire parish as being inappropriate at this point, so no in-person attendees other than myself running the streaming computer. I have PPT set up to display Slide Show in a window vs full screen, and then mix approx 1/2 of screen for PPT and other side for video feed (live and pre-recorded content mix). Our denomination heavily frowns on the idea of a projection screen in the sanctuary, so what we are going to do once in-person worship resumes is TBD. We previously used a paper service bulletin, combined with Hymnal, etc in pews. So we will need to change... to what...???

Also, I had an issue with a spare 2nd monitor I tried to use once, as its resolution was lower than my base resolution (and I'm using Windows capture, same with display capture). If you base canvas is set for 720p, then not an issue. But if your base canvas is set for 1080p, and one of your monitors is less than that, that can cause clarity issues. Also, depends on graphics card for laptop, and how you are hooking up external monitor